Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here are the pictures, and in case I didnt mention it on my 1st post here is the details

TDI(130), great power!

6xcd, cassette, (not sure I'll ever use the cassette)

climate, (I'd rather have basic control)

4xelectric windows (luxury I suppose, electric rears might be handy one day)

Arm rest (annoying),

alloys (my favourite style)

Cost £4100 from some dodgy ()but nice) one-man-trader in Kingston

Tax 6 months, MOT 12 months, Tyres reasonable.

Golf1

Golf2

Golf3

Golf4

Golf5

Golf6

There are a few light scratches, quite big, but not terrible, along a door, and across the bonnet. Wheels are beginning to loose a bit of laquer in places.

Interior is very good, bit of trim missing around rear lighter socket. Othewsie it's fine. Cmedy electric mirrors that work together!

It is in no way immaculate, but I didnt want a show room car i'd end up worrying too much about!

Just had it serviced (£25), and a new cam belt+tensioner (320), and the VW garage picked up on a handfull of other points that need sorting. I'll put that in a separate post.

Anyway that is my golf, and I am enjoying it so far!

Ian

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
looks tiddy mate, [Y] i love 130's i was going to get one but had a crash and insurance company wanted to bend me over after that. [cry]

got any plans for it ?

also the arm rests are mint love myn but i do lots of motorway driving so perfect for me [:D]

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I want to keep the arm rest - it's true it is nice on a long journey. Just annoying when I go to put the hand brake on!

I'm in Petersfield!

I deliberately avoided a golf with leather, I prefer the cloth, as it ages better. I've got leather in my other car (CRX), and it has already been refurbished once! OK, it's 20 yrs old now

OK, not new, but new to ME!

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
I want to keep the arm rest - it's true it is nice on a long journey. Just annoying when I go to put the hand brake on!
Arm rest FTW lol you get used to the handbrake after a bit i did then you don't even think about it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Looks blue to me... Nice car btw recently replaced my petrol with the tdi and loving how much money I save on fuel!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Good for you m8, you sound chuffed.

Armrest is annoying at first (well, it was for me), but you soon get used to it. Comfy after a while, you soon get used to it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Nice looking car, best colour too ;-) only thing you'll notice new scratches everytime you wash it. I know I do with mine, indigo blue seams to mark so easy

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You are right about the blue! It has quite a few light scratches and scufs on the doors and bonnet (strange). When I first saw the car, it was raining, so I didnt see the paint work condition, it looked fine, now I've bought it, I see new scratch marks every day - nothing serious really.

Not planning any mods really, just want to make it tidy (there is some interior trim missing, and crack in wing mirror belly, other wise it's not bad.

I did wonder about tweaking it to a 150 spec, but it is the economy I want more than that much power.

130 certainly has some poke. Had 5 in it today, and it still pulled in 5th up a gentle motorway incline.

I'd have liked a red one best, blue was my second favourite colour (didnt want green or silver), White would be nice, but they don't seem to exist.

Ian

·
Registered
219 Posts
Looks good, my fave colour too. Couldn't agree more on the leather front. I see tatty leathers going on ebay for insane money and cant get my head around it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts