Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And so the R32 conversion began!!!!

Posted Image
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

About one week ago I had the R32 body kit (R32 front bumper, R32 rear bumper, 25th Anniversary sideskirts (because its a 4 door) and R32 spoiler) fitted!!! Along with an R32 Milltek system.<o:p></o:p>

Then the new highly polished diamond cut 18" RS4 Alloys arrived, with Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres (shame I had to wait more than a week again for one of the alloys to be replaced as it was damaged. Same company as I bought the first set off and had a damaged one. Shame their prices are so good otherwise I would never use them. i.e. Rochford Tyres)<o:p></o:p>

The front:
R32 bumper,
SEAT Leon Cupra R from splitter (modified to fit golf),
FK badgeless grill,
FK smoked angel eye headlights,
16V badge (not to everyone?s liking on here I am sure lol)

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
<o:p></o:p>

The Seat LCR splitter gives the car a great finishing touch, the best ever under ?20 mod. However, it makes the car very low (even lower than my dad 996 Turbo) so can be interesting over speed bumps when full! As I?m sure many of you already know!!

The rear:
R32 bumper,
R32 spoiler
Milltek R32 style full exhaust system,
Hella smoked tail-lights (fitted 2005) <o:p></o:p>

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

After having all the work done I must say the Milltek system has made a fair bit of difference as far as throttle response and torque is concerned, mainly noticeable in the higher gears. It is a great sound as well, fairly quiet in car (much better for long journeys, not so tiring) but sounds awesome from outside so I am told. Doesn't sound like a cheapy ?home-made? job, lol!!! It's about time I had someone to drive it for me so I can hear what it actually sounds like myself.<o:p></o:p>

Everyone was right about the Goodyear F1 tyres giving immense grip, they were worth the extra ?13 each over the Toyos I think (even though the Toyos are superb) the Goodyears are wicked in the wet!!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

I am chuffed to bits with the result!!!!

All good and bad comments welcome pleaseeeeeeee!!!

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
looking good mate [Y] , but i`m pretty sure thats a kamei grill you got
on there and not the FK badgeless one, as that one looks like the
stock one but without the badge and has 2 lines instead of three? [:|]

Also get yourself a polo rear wiper, alot better compared to the stock one.

not sure about the 16v badge either, if your going for the "R32 styley"
get yourself a .:R32 badge and stick that on the grill, but each to
their own.....[:D]

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That looks so much better mate, nice job aswell. Also are you missing your centre caps or is this done on purpose??

Sat [y]
once again the centre caps are because rochford sent the replacement wheel without one in and i had sent the other wheel back arghhhhhhh

centre cap shuda arrived yesterday, but guess what, not even today!!! i been driving round with R32 kit and 15s for a week due to rochford, oh my i loooked silly!!!! lol

thanks whitboy

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looking good mate [Y] , but i`m pretty sure thats a kamei grill you got on there and not the FK badgeless one, as that one looks like the stock one but without the badge and has 2 lines instead of three? [:|]

Also get yourself a polo rear wiper, alot better compared to the stock one.
not sure about the 16v badge either, if your going for the "R32 styley" get yourself a .:R32 badge and stick that on the grill, but each to their own.....[:D]
i thought it was kamei first (bought it 2nd hand) but i was told fk do one like that to???)

most peps on here say dont badge your car what it isnt so i though i would be honest and different

·
Registered
226 Posts
Looking nice mate. Alloys look really well on it. Not too sure about the 16v badge, but like you say, it does give it a different look.

What about a black badge for the rear? Would suit that dark look (although to be fair, I really like the standard badge also!).

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks good matey, I agree don't badge the car what it isn't!

J.
i was going to put a GTI badge but thought it was wrong to as you all say

·
Registered
811 Posts
iam not a fan of the front badge iam afraid, but the rest is wicked, nice job!!! how much was your R32 front bumper? and how much was it to get sprayed if you dont mind me asking??

Also go to skoda and get a fabia rear wiper that will finish off the back nicely!! [Y]

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I am liking your styling mate and your motor is looking quality!!

The front end looks great but I reckon it would look even better de-badged like the rear end, loose the 16v badge and get people really thinking about what it is.

For a 1.6 it looks really phat!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts