Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers cjp2k

Respect to the Darlo massive! (Just down the road from me)

My last car was Met silver. Hides the dirt like a dream! I only ever realised how dirty it was when I washed it and compared the clean pannels to the dirty ones.

However, black looks mean. Black also makes the car look faster somehow.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Nice car.I had a black Mk IV for 4 years and was always washing it. So I've 'gone back' to grey. Looks clean even when it's filthy. Now I just clean the wheels every couple of weeks and wash the car every other month.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I thought I was always going to have black from now one, but after 2 cars I became a pain to keep clean and just annoyed me. Waxing took ages. Silver all way at the moment, well happy.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Nice car.I had a black Mk IV for 4 years and was always washing it. So I've 'gone back' to grey. Looks clean even when it's filthy. Now I just clean the wheels every couple of weeks and wash the car every other month.
Yes its funny how much the cleanliness of the wheels affects the overall look of the car.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Cheers cjp2k

Respect to the Darlo massive! (Just down the road from me)
LOL where abouts you from.. what was your supplying dealer.. was it pullman (mine was)

It you see me around give me a flash, Black Golf With xenons, private plate which reads

** CJP

chris

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Would love to SuperChip it but im not alowed to change anything as its actually a company car. I get to 'own' it for 2 years and then hand it back and choose a new one!

Still buzzing off this car. Just embarassed a sporty Cooper S that looked surprised that an oil burner would leave him for dust off the round-a-bout.

I'll keep an eye-out for you Chris. Living in Bishop but am due to move soon closer to Durham. The car was bought down south somewhere near my company HQ. However I did test drive a GT TDI at Pullmans, Darlo. I found that the guys there knew less about the cars than me, so I didnt hang around. i.e.

me: 'So whats the difference between the 1.9 and 2.0 Golf TDIs then? (I knew 2.0 was lowered, 16in rims, leather wheel, no cruise etc)

Sales guy: 'Erm.. well.. the engine is bigger.. errmmm......'

Glad I went fot the 2.0 though. Big, big grin factor. I'm lovin it!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Would love to SuperChip it but im not alowed to change anything as its actually a company car. I get to 'own' it for 2 years and then hand it back and choose a new one!

Still buzzing off this car. Just embarassed a sporty Cooper S that looked surprised that an oil burner would leave him for dust off the round-a-bout.

I'll keep an eye-out for you Chris. Living in Bishop but am due to move soon closer to Durham. The car was bought down south somewhere near my company HQ. However I did test drive a GT TDI at Pullmans, Darlo. I found that the guys there knew less about the cars than me, so I didnt hang around. i.e.

me: 'So whats the difference between the 1.9 and 2.0 Golf TDIs then? (I knew 2.0 was lowered, 16in rims, leather wheel, no cruise etc)

Funny how company cars are always faster !!![;)]

·
Registered
2,063 Posts

At least they did not say "about 0.1".

Don't forget the 2.0 TDI is a 16 valve unit, the 1.9, 8 valves.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Pullman are in durham mate, supposed 2 be better than the rest around this mate... Lookers at faverdale in darlo are a bit useless really. thats why i went up2 durham!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts