Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get new wheels for my gti because the 16" bbs rs2s fitted at the moment are corroded pretty badly. The car is 4 years old and an import so i doubt vw would help me out at all. [:(]

So i need to get some new wheels really. i cant afford 19s and 17s arent big enough imho so it will have to be 18s. has anybody got any pics of their gti running 18s on std suspension. or is it a must to lower the car? (insurance is starting to get nasty) I like the ride height of the anni, is that lowered more than a normal 1.8t?

Cheers fellas [:)]

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers for the pics guys.

Jaymk4 what wheels are they mate they look sweet!

i guess i'm just gonna have to bite the bullet and phone elephant about lowering. I hate getting stitched up for mods though [V]

Anymore pics of ride heights would be useful and a before and after lowering picture even better!

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
these are HI JOINS (OXIGEN REPLICA) with deep mirror lip on 225/40/18

you really need to lower the suspension, mine is a V5 with spax RSX adjustable kit

soon to be changed for eibachs only had them on for three months

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cool pics fellas. thanks a lot. definately gonna have to lower it before i get wheels then. i reckon -50mm h&rs it is then. has anybody got this setup on std gti shocks? i realise that that it wont be as good as with konis but i just cant afford it all at once!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts