Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get new wheels for my gti because the 16" bbs rs2s fitted at the moment are corroded pretty badly. The car is 4 years old and an import so i doubt vw would help me out at all. [:(]

So i need to get some new wheels really. i cant afford 19s and 17s arent big enough imho so it will have to be 18s. has anybody got any pics of their gti running 18s on std suspension. or is it a must to lower the car? (insurance is starting to get nasty) I like the ride height of the anni, is that lowered more than a normal 1.8t?

Cheers fellas [:)]

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
Heres my 18" RS6's on 35mm H&R springs, haven't got a side shot yet, but you definitely need to lower your car.

Posted Image

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers for the pics guys.

Jaymk4 what wheels are they mate they look sweet!

i guess i'm just gonna have to bite the bullet and phone elephant about lowering. I hate getting stitched up for mods though [V]

Anymore pics of ride heights would be useful and a before and after lowering picture even better!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
This was a while ago when I had RS4's on mine with stock suspension - it looks a little different now!!

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
these are HI JOINS (OXIGEN REPLICA) with deep mirror lip on 225/40/18

you really need to lower the suspension, mine is a V5 with spax RSX adjustable kit

soon to be changed for eibachs only had them on for three months

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
36 Posts
The wheels are 18" BBS CH. I think I might have a couple of pics of before and after lowering as well. I'll have a look.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got them cheap from Halfords when they had an offer on, 20% discount [:D]

Check out this website though www.bbsdirect.co.uk

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cool pics fellas. thanks a lot. definately gonna have to lower it before i get wheels then. i reckon -50mm h&rs it is then. has anybody got this setup on std gti shocks? i realise that that it wont be as good as with konis but i just cant afford it all at once!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I ran it this way before fitting the matching shorten and uprated shocks, the ride was fine but the front shocks will wear out at fast rate.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah thats what i thought cheers fella. might have to leave it this month anyway depending on why my cars leaking oil!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Slightly off topic I know but if I am fitting 19 inch BBS CH's to my 1.8 t how much should I lower it by, I dont want it to ground out but want it sittin pretty!!!

Cheers guys!

Mike

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i think that nicks car looked so nice on 19s lowered 50mm!! that is the way i'd have mine if i could afford the 19s. otherwise i'd always wish that i had gone lower.

·
Registered
371 Posts
A bit off topic, but... Turbo Paul, i see you are insured with elephant.....what were they like with the remap as i am with them too and was wandering what to expect!

cheers

1 - 20 of 23 Posts