Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Think you will find most peeps will opt for black,other than those that have silver cars.

But some people take the badge apart and colour code the backing to match their car[:)]

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
Colour coded backing (Diamond Black) with a slightly lighter shade for the badge itself [:)]
Posted Image

I say yes go for it! I painted my front one diamond black too
Posted Image

hope that helps

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Black VW badges are one of the best mods you can make for a small outlay to a Black mk4.

The Black badges are actualy genuine VW German Army spec badges, not standard ones painted Black, like some companies sell. The front badge looks a little grey in this picture, but I can assure you it is Black.

& Whilst your at it, get yourself a MK5/Polo rear wiper. [Y]

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
234 Posts
The Black badges are actualy genuine VW German Army spec badges, not standard ones painted Black, like some companies sell. The front badge looks a little grey in this picture, but I can assure you it is Black.
Think I might go for black badges on my black estate. Where can I get hold of them? How much?

Cheers

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Think I might go for black badges on my black estate. Where can I get hold of them? How much?

Cheers
Try AwesomeGTI http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/vw%20golfmk4/badges.html

Front Black VW Badge
Genuine VW replacement badge.

TitleAwesome Part #PriceFront Black VW Badge Early Type ThickBA-GO4-FBLACK?12.50
Front Black VW Badge Late Type ThinBA-GO4-FBLACK2?12.50

[TR]
[TR]
Rear Black VW Badge
Genuine VW replacement badge.

TitleAwesome Part #PriceRear Black VW BadgeBA-GO4-RBLACK?12.50

[TR]
[TR]

What sort of rear wiper is that Pat? (Or anyone else who knows)

As per my post, its a MK5/POLO rear wiper [Y], it'l set you back about ?17 from the stealers

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dazza,
Theres loads on the bay which are a couple of quid cheaper than awesome. Thanks for all the pics guys. Anyone got an R32 front pic with black badge ??

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Hey, chipstone - nice looking rig.

What sort of rear spoiler is that?

Also having that airgap between the spoiler and the body - does it help keep the grime off the back window? - Or is it the same as before you fitted it?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts