Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi peeps!!

I know loads of us on here have GTi's.....

i also know that a fair percentage have 18's..

what i'm after is a picture os a Golf GTi on 18's, that is NOT LOWERED...........

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote: posted by vedhead on 18/12/2004 22:46:28

Check the link on my sig mate. there is a good side on shot for you.

so thats standard GTi setup?

i think that looks cool.....not like a tractor....

how is ride comfort etc?

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Yep thats just normal GTI suspension on 18s. The ride is wonderful, the roll is reduced and the grip is just awesome mate. If you're over this way i'll take you for a spin on a dry day and you'll see what a difference they make.

nothing short of feeling like a new car!

·
Registered
225 Posts
my 1.8t is on 18's at standard ride height, will try to get a pic up here if not send me your email addy and i'll mail you some pics
Posted Image
Posted Image

·
Registered
371 Posts
I think i can help you on this one!

Got the exact wheels you want last week and my car isnt lowered YET (coilovers are next), so here is a pic of those wheels on the std 1.8T suspension! BTW it deffinetly needs lowering! I have also included a photoshopped mod of my car which looks sweet! Sorry the car is soooo dirty!

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
371 Posts
well to me it looks a bit 4x4. i really love low cars tho so to you it may not need lowering! i intend to lower it as much as i can!

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
do you think its higher than before?

the arch gaps look the same.....its an optical illusion, the smaller tyre wall give an impression of being a large arch gap.........dont it?

·
Registered
371 Posts
maybe you would think that, but because the actual wheel is bigger is still looks 4x4 a bit...i have noticed a few other people said the same thing in the same situation! But it is down to personal preference! I want it looowwwww! YOu may like it on the std suspension!

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
true enough personal preference it is......

But what i'm getting at is....

you see corsas riding on 16'/17's and they look PROPER rubbish, really like a tractor....

so the Golf dont look like that?...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts