Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

lookin for pic of any Mk iv Bora's or Golf's on 19" rims ?

all pics and comments welcome.

Slim

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
What sort of rims are you thinking of getting? Here's a few pics I found when I was thinking of getting 19's:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And then here's mine with 19's! [:D]

Posted Image

Good luck in your rimmage quest!!! [:D]

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Came up next to a new silver audi RS4 the other day at a junction, Had the new RS4 wheels on it and thought they would look quite taste on me bora.

Thanks for the pics so far !

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheer man,

Did you have any probs fittin yours ?

Did you need to mod the arches or that ?

Do u know the offset of your wheel ?

Hows the install comin along ? i'm searchin the web just now for a power cap, try and stop the lights dimming !

thanx again

Slim

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I think mine are offset 45, I'll have to check... I have a slight problem with mine due to them being 9" wide on the front - I cant drop the front any lower on the coilovers, as the adjuster would sit on the alloy or tyre. This will soon be easily solved by taking the helper springs out, but its something to bear in mind - get them 8" wide at the most I would say!

Again, due to the width, and the fact I needed a 3mm spacer to get them on with the coilovers, they do rub on the arch at the height its at now - but this is very, very occasional, probably happened 3 or 4 times in about 2 months - when cornering quickly with 3 people in the corner, or very large pot holes!

The backs on the other hand will go right up into the arch, never scrub or anything! They're 9" wide too.

So you'll be fine as long as you get 8" wideys and the right offset, more than that and you may have a few niggling points, but not much at all!

The install is on hold until I get my uni assessment out the way in a week or so - I shouldn't even be on here, lol [:D]

Andy [:)]

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Just realised I made a mistake with measurements in my post up there ^^^ The front wheels are 8.5" wide and causing problems, so definately only 8" wide if i were you! Sorry about that, but woulda felt dreadful if you bought 8.5s after I said I was having problems with 9s, and then you had problems too!!!

Andy [:)]

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanx for that dude ! All i have manage to find so far is an 8.5 but i have learnt i could put a 45mm offset wheel on which would help with clearance between the wheels and shox.

What i would like to know is why are people converting back to 18's after a few weeks of 19's ?

thanx for checkin that out for me Andy !

More pic welcome !

Thanx all

Slim

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
well the 19's were on when i got it and i loved them but because of the 4 motion system you really have to change at least two tyres at the same time and didn't want to be an absolute fortune eveytime i needed new feet , plus the 35mm profile i had was very hard on the wheels and on my bum especially the state some of the roads are in down my way

·
Registered
642 Posts
Ive 19's and never had any problems with them, full lock used to make a funky noise..

but its gone away lol

not a very good pic, sorry!

Posted Image

·
Registered
100 Posts
As above. I've also got 19's with no problems at all - except when cornering at 120MPH, they tend to rub. On full lock they used to make a noise, but it's gone away too. [H]

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You dont have a bigger picture do you ? it's just your the first bora i've seen on 19's plus its silver which mine is too.

Slim

1 - 18 of 18 Posts