Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picture request a MK5 GTI in Black with 17s q side on picture please.

Anyone got a picture side on of a black or metallic black 3 door GTI with the standard 17s on so i can compare it too the many pictures I have seen on here of ones with the optional 18s on?

Thanks
Geoff.[:)]

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I reckon they're all 18's as most of the marketing pics were with 18's.

I have 17's on mine, I'll take a pic tonight and post it up.

If you're worrying that they look too small then don't, they fill the arches no problem. I picked mine up the same say as a friend who had 18's, and side by side they weren't as different as you might have thought. More than happy with mine[:D].

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
The pictures are very deceptive as the black wheels merge into the darkness of the arches. The only way to fully appreciate is to see them in real life, side by side. Not something I was able to do at the time of ordering but having seen the 17's in real life, they looked a hell of a lot bigger than they appear in the pictures. My car was sat next to one with 18's when I picked it up and the difference is not a noticeable in the 'flesh' as in pictures.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Posted Image
17" wheels
Posted Image
18" wheels There is quite a difference...
The second picture does not look quite right more like a photo shop.

I have plenty of picture of the 3dr from here with the 18s but not of the 17s i was wondering how they compared. Only 17 shot one ive seen on here the peictures were not side on so i could not really get a good indication of what it was like.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Don't think that's a photoshop, that's how they look.

I'm not going out tonight so I will get out there and take a pic of my car as promised!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

There you go, hope that helps. I would still say go and have a look rather than rely on pictures alone. Definitely look smaller in picture than in the flesh.

And yes it's dirty but someone went into it the other week and I refuse to wash it until it's repaired!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Mine is dirtier than that after a week!

I have the 17's and they look much better than the 18's which as they
are polished will corrode really badly if kerbed and the salt gets in ,
if you really want 18's I would buy a set of aftermarket BBS instead

Posted Image

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There you go, hope that helps. I would still say go and have a look rather than rely on pictures alone. Definitely look smaller in picture than in the flesh.

And yes it's dirty but someone went into it the other week and I refuse to wash it until it's repaired!
Thanks again. [8-|]

I have now seen 5 door ones with the 17s on but thats all the local dealers seems to have in. So i was wondering what the rear quarter of the 3 door looked like with the 17s. So thanks again.

Geoff.[:)]

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have the 17's and they look much better than the 18's which as they are polished will corrode really badly if kerbed and the salt gets in , if you really want 18's I would buy a set of aftermarket BBS instead
Thats the reason my other post asked if they were polished/lac as i had an ibiza with that type wheel and it was a real pain in the A## because with the salt it started lifting and gave white lines. so if the 18s are polished/lac im going for the 17s

Think its 17s for me thanks guys.[:)]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts