Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
very nice mate, i wandered what the 18" schmidts would look like. have seen some on a black golf, but the centres were not colour coded, they look good, a bit different which is always nice to see!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote: posted by Carlos on 02/04/2005 17:27:03

Spot on for that Euro look, what are the wheels, they look mint on your car!

Thanks,the wheels are schmidt th lines 9.5's rear et17 and 9.0's front et25 they are 3 pieace wheels with a stainless steel rims,they took 5 months to come from schmidt in germany.but i think they were worth the wait.

4low

and they are 18's just incase you were wandering.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Saw it at the show the other week and i found myself walking back to it about 5-6 times!

Looks really good, do you use it as an every day car?

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Those wheels are stunning... pretty low ride you've got there too, do you drive it like that or was it just for show?

What's the deal with the chain between your bonnet & catch?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi there

I use the car everyday it only does around 12-15 miles a day but it still gets used watever the weather,i just keep on top on it every saturday,the ride height has been the same for the last 18 months and i did try and bring the front end down a touch more,but the spring platforms are salted togeather so its just going to stay where it is for now.

And just for you cat the chain was on just to keep the bonnewt down a touch as when you tale a pic with the hood fully up i thing the pics arnt as good silly maybe but it works for me.

thanks for the kind comments was not sure wat a few of you guys would thing as it is a bit extreme in some ways i think for some.

cheers 4low.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi there

I use the car everyday it only does around 12-15 miles a day but it still gets used watever the weather,i just keep on top on it every saturday,the ride height has been the same for the last 18 months and i did try and bring the front end down a touch more,but the spring platforms are salted togeather so its just going to stay where it is for now.

And just for you cat the chain was on just to keep the bonnet down a touch as when you take a pic with the hood fully up i think the pics arnt as good,silly maybe but it works for me.

thanks for the kind comments was not sure wat a few of you guys would thing as it is a bit extreme in some ways i think for some.

cheers 4low.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Looks stunning, love the euro look and the wheels are lovely. Only thing I would do is take the trim of the doors to compliment the smooth look.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was going to when i had her painted but the guy who does all my work said it would be very hard work to it with out useing a ton of filler because the door would defo bow + if some kind t##t open the door on me i only have to paint the plastic strips.alot easyer.

Fully chromed TT filler cap next but unlike some ive seen fitted propaly.fully smooth.

4low

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Quote: posted by 4low on 03/04/2005 14:04:21

cheers 4low.

Nahh not extreem for here youl always get away with extreme euro styling here, its when you put extreme rice/max power styling on youll get slated

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
i think it looks great. I admired various pics of the car from the elsecar show.

Thumbs up for the schmidts, well worth waiting for, they suit the car really well, they must have cost a small fortune though [!].

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote: posted by 02 Bora on 04/04/2005 09:25:30

i think it looks great. I admired various pics of the car from the elsecar show.

Thumbs up for the schmidts, well worth waiting for, they suit the car really well, they must have cost a small fortune though [!].

Thanks for comments and God dam exsensive[:I]

4low.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts