Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a pick of my new motor. I bought it second hand at the weekend and replaced the 17" wheels with these 18" rims! What do you think everyone?

Posted Image

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Looks nice wioth those Audi-esque rims.......bit like the VW Grand-Prix 17's arent they?

Great colour mate....just like my own!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Must say I did not like the MKV much when I first saw it, but they are definately growing on me now. With those wheels and that colour I must say it looks very nice indeed. [;)]

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They are the new audi wheels bbs rt245 and are very similar to r32 wheels but with a split rim. They work out ?1400 for the rims alone! Fit very nice being 7.5x18" rims with 54 offset and don't stick out of the arches! Had the 17" grand prix wheels fitted when bought but car needs 18" rims in my opinion! Cost me ?1100 all in brand new wheels boxed with bbs valves and metal bbs valve covers and goodyear eagle f1's all round!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes wish same wheels as yours! The quality of them is awesome! Got to be the best set of wheels I have owned and what a bargin!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Nice! [:)]

I'm 90% sure that I'll end up getting some BBS 18's. Hopefuly the 8.5 won't stick out too far [:D]

Where'd you order yours from?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They were going on the touran until I bought the golf! Think the standard wheels look best on the touran and 16" wheels have more rubber so less chance of the wife curbing the wheels!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Very nice.

I like the wheels but also really like the GP ones - are you selling them? Someone on here could be tempted at the right price [;)]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts