Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG. Don't do this to me. First we got 4,500K Tera white LEDs.

Posted Image

Then it looks like Japan got a special, even whiter 5,500K version called Super Tera.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now, PRI Racing is offering the new, new 6,500K version, which appears to finally do away with the chunky in-line ceramic resistors (although judging by the pic below, from the length of the new LED unit the thing is more than likely built-in). True plug and play.

Click if you dare

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I have a set of 4500k PIAA sidelights which compliment my OEM xenons perfectly. Not sure why you would need 6500k though.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL! GB? [:D]

Gary, I remember your pics, they are indeed a very close match for your xenons. What colour temperature are OEM xenons supposed to be? I've read anywhere from 5,000K to 6,000K depending on manufacturer. 5,500K is closest to sunlight and I'd have got these if I knew about them.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
O M G! how much.

Do they have a life time guarantee with those then? lol [:)]

I don't know if I could justify spending that much on a set for my Xenons.

It's gotta be done that hasn't it.

I better get saving. [:(]

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
LOL! GB? [:D]

Gary, I remember your pics, they are indeed a very close match for your xenons. What colour temperature are OEM xenons supposed to be? I've read anywhere from 5,000K to 6,000K depending on manufacturer. 5,500K is closest to sunlight and I'd have got these if I knew about them.
I believed OEM xenons to be 4500k also, im sure i read that somewhere on here.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
O M G! how much.

Do they have a life time guarantee with those then? lol [:)]
No idea mate, but your Bolf will look like something out of Star Wars with these babies - lasers! [:D]

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, unless you have OEM xenons, in which case you need to swap the H6W holder for a W5W holder (available from VW, I'll dig out the part number if anyone needs it).

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I would love a set. [:p]

Just a quick question, Nick Cage, what bulbs did he have in his?

I remember on our way up to Awesome they looked wicked in the rear view mirror.

So these 4.500k sidelights would match the Xenon bulbs then?

Cheers

Shiu.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, they would. Sorry I don't have xenons but this gives an idea of the 4,500K (which is not the one this thread is about!)

Posted Image

1 - 20 of 48 Posts