Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They creep into the workplace slowly but surely. It may be that somebody has been on a course or there is a new starter.

Here are just a few that annoy me:-

Can we "touch Base" sometime.......AAAHHHHHHHHHHH

We will take a "helicopter view" on the matter.....WHAT

There is this one which comes up on a regular basis...."With all due respect".....what the individual is saying I know better than you you Dumb $%?"

What are your phrase hates

·
Registered
12 Posts
My old boss used to always say when something wasn't finished "Can we capture this?" how big was his hands? used to get on my tits!

Also "I need to get a feel for the store" !!!!!

·
Registered
730 Posts
I used to have a manager who came in every morning and uttered "How goes it" i just wanted to say F**K OFF everytime he said it.

Also it really annoys me when people ask you "How's it hanging"...... yawn

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
"back in the day"

FFS this is just so annoying to hear. YOU ARE NOT A RAPPER, SHUT IT! It's not even English and just makes people sound daft to me.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Let's stop for a comfort break.

From what point did we work in the USA? We'll be referring to the loos as the rest room next.

Oh crap, we already do that...

·
Registered
811 Posts
"to be honest"... when its used all the time by people... Are you not normally honest with me then????

"And you know me....!" Yes I do.. so don't bother to tell me that, OR if I dont then don't tell me I do

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
i say "how goes it" sometimes, sems to make people smile, but maybe it's not a happy smile, maybe its the " If you say that one time i'll..." smile

·
Registered
249 Posts
"I'll keep you in the loop" - yes, please do cos obviously i'm soooo interested!

And also when people say "you know what i mean" all time time, boring.....

·
Super Moderator
50,214 Posts
"That is so gay",I always understood gay to mean flamboyant,and "Oh sorry,my bad",what you mean my appalingly bad grasp of my native tongue?

Chris.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Buzzwor bingo me up!

Basically!

At the end of the day!

...so we are all singing from the same songsheet! cannot remember talking up singing?

On top of this don't you just hate management that have an inability to think / present from notes - instead they have to write the whole presentation into Powerpoint and read from the screen. Rather than have a few pointers/bullet points and talk around them ensuring the audience either takes notes or has a "full copy" to take away.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Two I hate think outside of the box and staying/looking in the zone - they just grate.

I have to admit having read some of this, I'm hoping they just grate, and you don't actually quite mean everything that's written. Some can be quite funny!

C

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
My Nr.1 hate is people who say Cio, Chow or whatever is the spelling..... in fact I feel sick having just attempted to type the word !!

"I've got a turtles head..."

"That's almost touching cloth...."

"Lets take a comfort break so I can curl one out and have a ***..."

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
I hate it when my college colleagues say 'in true essence' i don't know why but they use it so regularly it really gets on my nerves...

@ c.t.p its Ciao [:D] [:p]

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
It's not really a pharse but when people go for example. 'lets go to the shops and get this and that HUH' or when they say huh instead of pardon really REALLY annoys me!

·
Registered
795 Posts
i really hate it when people put or not on the end of questions

like "you coming out tonight or not?" dont know why its grates on me

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
My Nr.1 hate is people who say Cio, Chow or whatever is the spelling..... in fact I feel sick having just attempted to type the word !!

"I've got a turtles head..."

"That's almost touching cloth...."

"Lets take a comfort break so I can curl one out and have a ***..."
PMSL - having a rather crude sense of humour means i find all those highlighted bits quite amusing [;)]

C

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Lol i really hate people who say that, just wanna punch them.

I also hate people who say stop for 'refreshments' in a play or something, its so naff.

Hmm what else, afraid i'm guilty of saying my bad a lot but can see why the obvious grammatical errors in that statement annoys people.

I hate people who say gonna pop to the toilet or something, its really camp.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts