Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Still a newbie
5,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All! would anyone be kind enough to PS my car?

Im a total newbie to modding my car but first thing i want to do it get some alloys for it! i dont really know what alloys are good/the best etc but i dont want to go above 17", i like a comfy car :~) so my question is could anyone stick some nice wheels on it? at first i liked the thought of white alloys but cant picture it so if possible try them in white, if not just silver?

Thanks so much

heres a pic anyway

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
What kind of wheels do you like?

OEM or aftermarket? There's billions of wheels out there, if I were to do a chop I'd be choosing wheels that I like which is a bit pointless really.

·
Still a newbie
5,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What kind of wheels do you like?

OEM or aftermarket? There's billions of wheels out there, if I were to do a chop I'd be choosing wheels that I like which is a bit pointless really.
yes that was quite silly of me haha sorry. erm i think just some oem ones just to get an idea. thanks a lot!

·
Registered
667 Posts
1.6, i guess your a young driver. why not go for Monty 2s. as they are oem and standard size they wont affect your insurance too much.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
hopefully these are good angle?
They wern't [:p] but found a suitable pic. Second pic, cars been lowered a bit. Looks like major 4x4 on standard suspension I should know, been there. [:(]

Also, I guess its the picture angle, but you front tyre looks oval.

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Still a newbie
5,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow that's awesome thankyou so much! I need that program so badly haha.
Yeah I do want to lower it but just enough so it looks right, I don't want to too low cos my area is bad for bumps and I don't wanna be driving low and slow ha! Is there a cheap way round lowering it just a little bit?

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
No probs mate.

I've got a 1.8t and not wanting to destroy my alu sump mines not that low, but I have coilover if I ever change my mind. [au]
Is the way to go imo and you can set the height of the car to wherever you want.

Allot of people go for jom coilovers, have a look at dpm performance

1.6, i guess your a young driver. why not go for Monty 2s. as they are oem and standard size they wont affect your insurance too much.
hopefully these are good angle?

Is that a mk3? the bumper has thrown me off.
Mk3.5 cab I'd say, the fuel filler is mk3 as is the side strips.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts