Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to money problems I have realised my plan for new wheels anytime soon won't be happening [:(]

If you've met me, or read my thread you'll know I despise my wheels just because of the condition they are in. Brake dust has attacked them and even going at it with sandpaper it wont budge, as well as bad curbing. Also pretty damn boring aye!

So thinking as soon as the weather gets a bit better to just give it a go at refurbishing them myself and spraying them some funky colour, as I haven't got much to lose!

Posted Image

I'll take a better picture if I remember tomorrow but this is the best side on pic I can find, if its not worth it with this picture just let me know and I'll endeavour to take one tomorrow. So anyone mind photoshopping them some bizarre bright colours? [:)]

Would like to see some sort of gloss white and gloss red though.

Much appreciated

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers man! Yeah red looks sweet! Hahaha I can see what you mean, I think if I did enough layers to cover up any marks it could look really good.

Thanks very much mate [Y] I need to invest in photoshop!

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Cheers man! Yeah red looks sweet! Hahaha I can see what you mean, I think if I did enough layers to cover up any marks it could look really good.

Thanks very much mate
I need to invest in photoshop!
na dude, if ya gonna do it, do it proppa!! rub down, smooth fill and smooth again. the only way your gonna do it at home. i had my little ding welded rather than filled coz im a tart, but you can get some good DIY kits as some of my mates have used them.

dont over paint them just to fill up holes man it will look gash! [Y]

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pat mind doing one in white? and wouldnt mind seeing what this sort of colour would look like, doubt it will be any good but its different! And hush about the picture, only one i could find with the same sort of colour.. I owe you one man!

Thanks very much mate
I need to invest in photoshop!
na dude, if ya gonna do it, do it proppa!! rub down, smooth fill and smooth again. the only way your gonna do it at home. i had my little ding welded rather than filled coz im a tart, but you can get some good DIY kits as some of my mates have used them.

dont over paint them just to fill up holes man it will look gash!
Okay okay, I'll do it properly [:)] To be honest even if i balls it up they wil probably still look better than they do now! Seems Chris will be getting a PM soon asking to borrow his standard wheels again while mine are off [:DD]

·
Touran Taxi
577 Posts
I agree, get them off the car and take your time getting them nice and clean. Try www.waxamomo.co.uk for some good alloy wheel cleaning products. I've just bought some Autoglym Clean Wheels and it was good stuff although mine were no where near as bad as yours sound. If you was to just clean them as best you could and spray over the top anything that was left on the wheels would show up in the paint no matter how many layers you did.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
I agree, get them off the car and take your time getting them nice and clean. Try www.waxamomo.co.uk for some good alloy wheel cleaning products. I've just bought some Autoglym Clean Wheels and it was good stuff although mine were no where near as bad as yours sound. If you was to just clean them as best you could and spray over the top anything that was left on the wheels would show up in the paint no matter how many layers you did.
[:cool:]

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
white for me too... . but i warn you, YOU WILL BE CLEANING THEM EVERY DAY!

that blue dont look to sad as it goes and its different from the norm.

mite take a while to paint with nail varnish tho [:p]

[lol-lol]

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Coorrrrrr! White does look good don't it! If I can do a good job of it that is..

Owe you big time Pat! Anything I can do for you let me know.

Someone feel like making me a check list of things I'll need?

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Believe me, no human made alloy cleaner could get through this. [:DD]

Whats the thoughts on getting a mouse sander and going to town on them? LOL

1 - 20 of 32 Posts