Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Thats quite a cool pic, I like it.

I even had a play myself doing something similar....

Posted Image

Only thing, couldn't figure how to darken the wing mirror and A-pillar area to match the background a bit more...

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
might want to try playing around with the levels - im not photoshop expert but have found this to work for me....sure someone will be able to point ya in the right direction if that dont work

Ya might want to try and get a shot wihout so many reflections too - im trying to get a pic done with mininal reflections to pass back to Magblixt. Was a suggestion by him which i think will be the icing on the cake! [:D]

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a little play around with photoshop and combind a few fonts to get this.. What ya think...ruined a good pic? or not.

Posted Image

thinking about printing it out but thats a lot of black ink!!

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Thats wicked!

Hows that done?
Select and copy the car paste it onto a black background the duplicate the car layer and flip it then... adjust the opacity/fill?

BTW what the hell is the difference between the opacity and fill they seem to look the same to me [:cool:]

·
Registered
245 Posts
Spot on, but add some blur and gradient to your opacity to make it look more real. I think the difference is that the opacity is how much of the background it will let through, this is great to use as it will allow you to change the background color after the picture is done if you would like to adjust it, like this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Photo loooks awesome! [y]

RE tagging it Aaron, as Mag said, I think it could do with a LITTLE reflection of it's own?? Try it and see?? [:)]

C

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
An uber quick and crap attempt

Was trying to make the reflection look like it was in a puddle but gave up not knowing how to do it lol. [:cool:]

Posted Image

·
Registered
245 Posts
Your rocki'n! Now time to make the car look 3d, right now as there is no reflection from the left wheels it looks like a 2d car. Try angling the reflection so it looks right in the perspective, then you might need to add some shadow under the car. This is the hard part!

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Sound, cheers ill give that all a go tomo and post the pic. That pic im using has a shadow under the car but I went around it so will include that in the next chop.

But what do you mean there is no reflection from the left wheel? that makes no sense to me what so ever.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Right now you can see the two right wheels of the car, as the left wheels are not visible (as you have cut their shadows away) it makes the car look "flat". If you include them in your next chop (as you said) it will look good!

Here is one I have been working on this evening. Not a golf, sorry. This is a job for a trucking company. Still some work left on the windows and the reflection.
Posted Image

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
That truck is very very nice!

I see what you mean now, I thought you were talking about the back wheel as thats the left on out of the two [:$]

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Another quickie before I got peed off.

Posted Image

What I should have done is made that laughable shadow a new layer which I forgot to do so thats why the front tyre doesnt look right, aslo I reckon if I had copied the floor around the car from the original I might of been able to make it look abit better.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Your rocki'n! Now time to make the car look 3d, right now as there is no reflection from the left wheels it looks like a 2d car. Try angling the reflection so it looks right in the perspective, then you might need to add some shadow under the car. This is the hard part!
I might give that a go today at work...12 hour shift Sat /Sun !

Magblixt....A Swede eh!

I spent a couple of years at Uddevalla....great times[:)]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts