Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

phatnoise installs

Mk4 Golf 
Tags
mk4 golf
2K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  tim5150 
#1 ·
has anyone tried the phatniose anywhere other than under the seat / in the boot ? i was thinking in the glovebox or below the diagnostics/above the ashtray. if you take the casing off the phatnoise there is actually very little to it and it is possible that it might fit in either of the places

Discussion starter · #4 ·
i sort of agree but don't want to damage it, if our lass uses the motor and something crashes into it in the boot ! it is hard drive based after all

anyway got to have the glovebox out to put the cd changer cable in so might try it in there.

Discussion starter · #7 ·
it won't fit in there without stripping it down its quite a big unit. theres not a lot inside it though. should be getting the cd changer cable tomorrow, then hopefully i will get it installed this weekend will post pics if its anywhere unusual.[:)]

Discussion starter · #8 ·
fitted it yesterday, stripped it right down and got it between the diagnostic point and ashtray tried it yesterday and all seemed fine - just got to fill the dms up fully now !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.