Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone tried the phatniose anywhere other than under the seat / in the boot ? i was thinking in the glovebox or below the diagnostics/above the ashtray. if you take the casing off the phatnoise there is actually very little to it and it is possible that it might fit in either of the places

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i sort of agree but don't want to damage it, if our lass uses the motor and something crashes into it in the boot ! it is hard drive based after all

anyway got to have the glovebox out to put the cd changer cable in so might try it in there.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Why not put it into the cubby hole on the lefthand side of the boot ! Its out the way then and only seen if you open the door to it . And you can still get to the lights if a bulb goes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it won't fit in there without stripping it down its quite a big unit. theres not a lot inside it though. should be getting the cd changer cable tomorrow, then hopefully i will get it installed this weekend will post pics if its anywhere unusual.[:)]

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fitted it yesterday, stripped it right down and got it between the diagnostic point and ashtray tried it yesterday and all seemed fine - just got to fill the dms up fully now !

·
Registered
800 Posts
[:D] I've installed mine in the glove box! top right hand side in the really small rectangluar hole there. Fitted really well! Now my boot look more decluttered.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[:D] I've installed mine in the glove box! top right hand side in the really small rectangluar hole there. Fitted really well! Now my boot look more decluttered.
i thought about it in the glovebox have you any pictures ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Very impressive. I assume its just the guts of the phatbox and a new front panel.
Yes its just the guts. had to make a new bracket to hold the circuit board to the DMS cage. been out several times and it all seems ok.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
AnniGTI does the glovebox close with the DMS in it ? looks good - did you put the circuit board on the back of the glovebox ?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Oh yeah! It's a sweet fit. Just a little time and tenderness (about 7 hours work) and it fits like a right treat. The circuit board is behind the glove box on a extended IDE lead. As you can see, I dont have to go in the boot to get it out again and, I have more room in the boot to play with! [:D]

·
Registered
164 Posts
Can anyone explain to me how this Phatbox works? I've had nothing but bother trying to install my ipod into my car with dension and incaripod interfaces! Only thin stopping me going for an Phatbox is the fact that I don't fancy transfering my entire 20GB Music collection onto computer again which I assume is what I will have to do because Itunes music library will not transfer to the Phatnoise system?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts