Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen theres a group buy for this is it still going? Also those who brought how have you found it?

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
730 Posts
I don't know what version i have,It was factory fitted in 1999 so that makes it version ?

How do you s elect tracks? is it done on the colour sat nav screen ?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Tracks are s elected using the CD changer controls which activate different options which are 'voice' labelled.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Where is the best place to install this? I heard under the seat,  but out of interest, would it fit in underseat drawers?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just like to say thx all for the advice i purchased mine from the VW dealer in the States for ?135 including shipping through ebay and im watching it on the tracking system at the mo [:D]

Just need the car now lol

Chris

·
Registered
257 Posts
He heh, just ordered mine too slightly cheaper at ?109 delivered, but what do I need now?

As far as I am aware:

New 140V AC adaptor, CD multichanger cable, and another adaptor.

Who do I contact for the ac adaptor, the other two parts I can get from a stealers I gather.

Cheers

Edward

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've just ordered one from ebay aswell ?115 delivered, any info would be handy.

I know about AC adaptor & CD changer cable, what is the other cable/adapter (Edward)?

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Been looking for more info on the Phatnoise system and managed to find
the following downloads link. Hope it will answer most of your
questions, including installation, operation. Thinking about
ordering one for my new golf when it arrives in september, so wanted to
find out a little more about them.

http://www.phatnoise.com/vw/downloads.htm

·
Registered
257 Posts
thats fantastic, cheers[:D]

this one: http://www.phatnoise.com/downloads/3301-HUSETUP_web.pdf

shows what each of the buttons do ( the same as the toureg) and shows which models it works with the RCD500 and 300 are fine lol).

Still not sure on this 'other cable' though, the guide only seems to suggest you need the cd changer cable...

Controlling it seems pretty simple, like press one to scroll through the album, 2 to scroll through all the albums, 3 to scroll through artists etc,

as far as I can see it does not display the track data, perhaps someone can verify this.

Cheers

Edward

·
Registered
440 Posts
The Phatnoise is superb and I wouldn't do without it now.

The only thing I don't like about the RCD300 compared with the GAMMA head unit is that it doesn't do random play over the entire collection only over one disc.

It doesn't show track data just the track time.

I put some Pics HERE of my underseat installation

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Had mine delivered today [:D] ?33 VAT on top but that means it cost me ?170 instead of the stealers ?650 [:|]

Just need the car now lol

Chris

1 - 20 of 36 Posts