Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to getting the R32 front bumper etc & de-texture/colour code the rear valence......

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Saving hard now for phase 2.....[;)]

If anyone is interested it was Carl Bibby who did the paintwork in Colchester (01206 272724), top service, top quality and a top bloke! Good prices too[:D]

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
That looks well smart, top job [Y]

Had my Eibach -35mm's fitted at Awesome last week and while I was waiting had a look through some magazines - one was January (I think) edition of VW Driver with none other than your good self featured in it!!

What drop have you got there?

One thing I've always wondred too - when you have xenon's, why is there 2 orange indicators in the headlight unit, and not 1 and a fog? maybe change them to silver or diadem? that would look really cool don't ya think [H]

·
Registered
518 Posts
looking smart mate.

Do you ever get pulled for having that plate? I got pulled on my other Golf and they said its a fine of ?35 front and ?35 back! lucky front was missing as i hit a dear the night before and that he was in a good mood so let me off. So he says. Has something to do with the font.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
One thing I've always wondred too - when you have xenon's, why is there 2 orange indicators in the headlight unit, and not 1 and a fog? maybe change them to silver or diadem? that would look really cool don't ya think [H]
The housing for the indicators in the xenons is orange, not the bulb, I believe..

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers for the comments![:D]

Benn130TDI - The drop is 35mm on Eibach pro's, yeah it was in January's VW Driver, well chuffed with the feature tbh!

Jose_Golf - Never had any aggro re. the plates.......yet, hopefully wont either[;)]

b3rto - Phase 2? well that would be tellin!...Na, it's no secret that I'm speaking to VF Eng in the States about their supercharger kit, I'm definately going to do it. Just need to sort out a supplier, although direct from VF is an option, (I'm an engineer by trade, so will fit it myself) and also someone to remap it for me. Although AmD are top of the list at the moment as I have never had any problems with it since they remapped it originally, and rate them highly.

Oh, and yes the indicator lights themselves are orange, not the bulbs and I dont fancy stripping a Xenon unit down to change them cos' they aren't cheap!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Cheers for the comments![:D]

Benn130TDI - The drop is 35mm on Eibach pro's, yeah it was in January's VW Driver, well chuffed with the feature tbh!

Jose_Golf - Never had any aggro re. the plates.......yet, hopefully wont either[;)]

b3rto - Phase 2? well that would be tellin!...Na, it's no secret that I'm speaking to VF Eng in the States about their supercharger kit, I'm definately going to do it. Just need to sort out a supplier, although direct from VF is an option, (I'm an engineer by trade, so will fit it myself) and also someone to remap it for me. Although AmD are top of the list at the moment as I have never had any problems with it since they remapped it originally, and rate them highly.

Oh, and yes the indicator lights themselves are orange, not the bulbs and I dont fancy stripping a Xenon unit down to change them cos' they aren't cheap!
Wayne your car is looking as stunning as ever. You have also made me make up my mine about change my front VW emblem for a black (military) badge.

Have you tried NS Racing (Nik Sharan 020 8951 3095) as he supplies a most, if not all makes of superchargers?

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
All round gorgeous car, perfect (imho) ride height, and that bumper gives it a nice grrrrrrrrrr look too... Ace! [:D]

1 - 20 of 44 Posts