Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its on on my car, just wondering how much range do i have left.

ie am i able to make it to my nearest vpiwer station (i really hope so)

its a 1.6 16v mk4 if it amkes any differece

cheerssss

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Every Golf has approx 7 litres when the light comes on, except the 4mo which has approx 8 litres left.

So depends on your fuel economy as to how far you have left...

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Every Golf has approx 7 litres when the light comes on, except the 4mo which has approx 8 litres left.

so if im doing about 28mpg through twn to uni with my 7ltres left, how far will i get [:p]

here comes the maths lol

·
Registered
621 Posts

so if im doing about 28mpg through twn to uni with my 7ltres left, how far will i get [:p]

here comes the maths lol
Depends on how far it is to uni[:p]

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
He is asking how far he has left in the tank when the light comes on [:D]

1 gallon = 4.456 litres

7 litres divided by 4.456 litres = 1.507 Gallons

28 miles per gallon

28 miles times by 1.507 gallons = 42.2 Miles

But then you are dredging up all of the rubbish in the bottom of the tank and it is dependent on a perfectly flat journey with no sloshing about in the tank [:p]

·
Registered
621 Posts
Sean_jaymo, He is asking how far he has left in the tank when the light comes on
Big Smile

Yeah I know what he really wants to know, I just read it another way[:p]

I would go for the nearest petrol station if your worried and just put a £5 in then travel on to your preffered brand knowing you have plenty in the tank to get you there.

Carl

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I have had 45 miles after the light has come on but i was feeling very brave that day and fancied playing potrol station bingo.

Jay

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
with my driving style im good for 60 miles at least. but i wouldnt never do that. today i had to go 11miles into it. never will that happen again.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Yeah, really wish mine had that function!

On golfs does the petrol light just stay on till you run out or like on my gf's astra does it start to flash or go red when you are seriously low?!

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Yeah, really wish mine had that function!

On golfs does the petrol light just stay on till you run out or like on my gf's astra does it start to flash or go red when you are seriously low?!
It stays the same till you run out....believe me, I know from experience[:$]

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for the help guys, very informative as ever, might play petrol station roulete/bingo (as mentioned above lol)

then again i could just fill up asap (like a normal person lol) with vpower as its only 7miles away in the direnction im going

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
playing petrol station roulet/bingo wont get you anywhere. just fill it up. otherwise im sure you wouldnt want clogged up injectors etc

·
Registered
6,213 Posts

here comes the maths lol
Typical student...[;)]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts