Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my 1.9 TDI DSG is putting out around 135 BHP and has got reasonable performance. I am going to service it and was wondering if an induction kit, performance air filter and metal turbo pipes would actually make any real difference? My main issue is a delay in throttle response, which I would attribute to the turbo spooling or the DSG 'box? Is there anything else in terms of maintenance that I am missing here?

Many thanks

·
Registered
171 Posts
hi mate a free flowing panel filter may help, i take it you have had yours remapped? mine is 140 and pulls like a train, my OH's is 135 and is more sedate than mine, i dont think metal boost pipes would make much difference bud

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Full performance. Basically, I own a garage/vehicle recovery business and was looking at a franchise opportunity for remapping vehicles and my car was done gratis.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
As someone else mentioned, the standard airfilter is fine. It is allready overkill as far as im aware.

I dont know how restrictive or problematic the mk5 tdi boost pipes are, maybe they are good. The mk4 pipes are a joke constantlly leaking at the joints. Maybe they fixed them up for the mk5.

Jay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts