Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a LED sidelight bulb set for the car yesterday but there only 1 LED and not very bright at all in the daytime, quite good at night but bound to be others better out there.

Whats the best combination and lets see some pics if people have any?

Aaron

·
Registered
521 Posts
Ive bought both philips bluevision, and Xtreme power bulbs, Blue vision arent even remotely blue, just slighty white, the darker it gets the whiter it seems to look though.
Xtreme vision are a murky ****** yellow, but do have a lot more range than standard bulbs. but in a few weeks ill be running 6LED white sidelights and my bluevisions, so ill let you know how yellow they look compared to my LEDs [:)] If that helps?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah i looked at thiese, and the philips x treme power bulbs?

Might try some Blue Vision ones I can get hold of first.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah ok no worries. I might be able to get some Blue Visions cheap off a friend who didnt use them along with sidelights for now as not to impressed with the single LED. Would need a proper decent LED side bulb if im gonna.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Im running Phillips Xtreme and LED sides

Side lights on alone

Posted Image
019 by stevw1, on Flickr

LED 15s From Ultra LEDs.Com

Posted Image
004 by stevw1, on Flickr

Posted Image
005 by stevw1, on Flickr

I find this combination pretty good. Only Xenons are gonna radicly change the poop lighting on a MK4

·
Registered
521 Posts
Its worth getting bluevisions if your running standard bulbs dont get me wrong they do make a lot of difference! But dont expect miracles aha!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Has anyone a picture of their golf with bluevisions as ive been offered them with the sides for a tenner? Might do for now, and eventually go up to the LED sides and x treme's.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Those dont look to bad, might do that for now until ive got some more major mods done then get the bulbs I want eventully..

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I'd just say stay away from ebay LED bulbs!

You do get what you pay for... I bought a set of rear numberplate LED bulbs.. and my second set have broken after only three days.

Also i bought some sidelights, and one of those is faulty now too!

Trying to get a refund is fun, as the seller keeps telling me it's obviously my car that is causing the bulbs to fail. Might report them to ebay.. 3 days isn't exactly "extra long life" is it? [:p]

Might get some from ultra LEDs when i have money...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah i want some of the ones from UltraLED as posted above, but going to get blue visions for now and then invest in some more eventually!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got my Philips Blue Visions and Sides today off the mrs's brother who didnt use them in his car as he went for diamond vision. Got them for a tenner and they were never used.

Made such a difference and now loving my headlights look!

Def recommend from me if you want a whiter look with a great output of light :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts