Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote: posted by hornetrider on 21/02/2005 23:04:14

whatchoo gettin' up to back their matty eh? [:X]

mines all soft and wipes clean very easily.......lol!

I wish !!! [:I]

Its mainly the rear seats. **Wrong Forum** What do you guys use on your leather to make it nice and suple ? Ive used Auto Glym, but not impressed ?

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Yep mines noisy every time I hit a bump the drivers seat squals like a female dog, didnt think it was the cold just thought that it was the seat complaining of my fat backside sat on it

·
Registered
796 Posts
I think the seats respond best to treatment when they are warm, as the pores in the leather open and allow the moisturising cream in. I think if you treat them in winter it doesn't work so well as the cream is just on the surface...

·
Registered
412 Posts
Quote: posted by MattyV5 on 22/02/2005 09:17:55

[Its mainly the rear seats. **Wrong Forum** What do you guys use on your leather to make it nice and suple ? Ive used Auto Glym, but not impressed ?

I use tack cleaner to clean them and hide feed to condition them... get it from a horsy shop for a lot less than the car stuff

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I clean my using AutoGlym cleaner, then feed them with Swissol Milk and they are quiet as a mouse.

Here some pics of how good they look/after looked after [:D][:D]

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

·
Registered
296 Posts
rfsteel - leather armrest: gimmie gimmie gimmie [!][!]

No squeaks ova here, must be your fat ass matty! LOL[:eek:)]

But seriously, im waiting for it to heat up a little before i swissol milk the leathers as the pores need opeing to get best results. I was thinking, does it need to be natural heat/sunlight or can i just wack up the climate control, put the seat heaters on 5 and then milk away?

lol @ andymac - 'squeals like a female dog'

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its only the rear seats !!! Front ones are fine and dont squeak at all, the rears are noisy buggers !

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Quote: posted by MattyV5 on 22/02/2005 13:25:51

Its only the rear seats !!! Front ones are fine and dont squeak at all, the rears are noisy buggers !

Wouldn't have leather seats if the garage paid ME! IMHO leather seats in a car, suck, I'm afraid to say. They are cold and stiff in winter and hot and sweaty in the summer and they puddle making them look 'tired' well before their time.

I can't remember the number of times over keen salespersons have said to me, last year "Sir, why don't you have this model rather than that one, as it comes with black leather seats in place of fabric." ............uugggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Don't want to offend anyone mind you!!!

[:D]

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Quote: posted by marvin on 22/02/2005 16:18:38

Quote: posted by MattyV5 on 22/02/2005 13:25:51

Wouldn't have leather seats if the garage paid ME! IMHO leather seats in a car, suck, I'm afraid to say. They are cold and stiff in winter and hot and sweaty in the summer and they puddle making them look 'tired' well before their time.

I can't remember the number of times over keen salespersons have said to me, last year "Sir, why don't you have this model rather than that one, as it comes with black leather seats in place of fabric." ............uugggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Don't want to offend anyone mind you!!!

[:D]

But they look ohhh so nice. And at the end of the day isn't that what matters

·
Registered
602 Posts
Wouldn't have leather seats if the garage paid ME! IMHO leather seats in a car, suck, I'm afraid to say.

But the leathers lend a touch of luxury to the car and are so much easiery to keep clean - and it's not just the seats, it's the door cards too. All the GTI's I've looked at with cloth interiors have looke worn and tatty compared to a car with leather - although it's probablu different if you're looking at new cars (as opposed to 2nd hand ones).

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Quote: posted by shane on 22/02/2005 17:47:22

Wouldn't have leather seats if the garage paid ME! IMHO leather seats in a car, suck, I'm afraid to say.

But the leathers lend a touch of luxury to the car and are so much easiery to keep clean - and it's not just the seats, it's the door cards too. All the GTI's I've looked at with cloth interiors have looke worn and tatty compared to a car with leather - although it's probablu different if you're looking at new cars (as opposed to 2nd hand ones).

Have to confess that I always go for new ones. If the cloth interiors are shabby then it's a reflection on the owners I'm afraid to say. Shabby cloth interiors equates to shabby car maintenance in general I suppose? Leather ruins your clothes and does not hold the human body very well and therefore necessitates 'sports' seats.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by marvin on 22/02/2005 19:20:29

Quote: posted by shane on 22/02/2005 17:47:22

Have to confess that I always go for new ones. If the cloth interiors are shabby then it's a reflection on the owners I'm afraid to say. Shabby cloth interiors equates to shabby car maintenance in general I suppose? Leather ruins your clothes and does not hold the human body very well and therefore necessitates 'sports' seats.

An unusual viewpoint... probably not shared by many. I love the leather seats. Miss my sport leathers a great deal, and cant wait to get my tidy cloth recaros re-trimmed in luvverly black leather!!! (And fit my heated seat pads again... miss them alot!!! [:D]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts