Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Quote: posted by m0cea on 27/02/2005 09:43:18

I'm sure my PD130 turbo is a 1 piece manifold.

i may be wrong but thats what i read on freds tdi page when doing my research on the turbos???

Simch the pd's and non pd's are totally different, dont know why the 150pd turbo makes such a difference considering i havent tampered with the boost at all,i have just recently fitted the 150pd boost control (n75) thought it would make sense to use the unit designed for that turbo!

·
Registered
990 Posts
The 130 manifold isa bolt on. Fitting the turbo may generate more torque than before. I've heard of a few hybrids being bolted on and the torque jumping by as much as 10lbs/ft, without touching the map.

Don't know if they would fit a 110, but the 150pd injectors flow higher than the .216 ones that you've got, and more importantly are designed for a 4 cylinder application.

·
London Refurbs'
5,609 Posts
Bringing back a thread from the dead im afraid.

If i was to bolt on a turbo from the pd150 onto my pd130 would there be a significant gain?

Also would i require anymore parts? Im looking at getting a forge smi if i was to get the 150 turbo but would i need to change any injectors or manifolds etc?

Thanks for any help.

Peter

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.