Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally fitted my pd150 turbo to my 110(hhm) gt tdi... waiting for the weather to improve[:(] to give it a proper test but just from a normal drive it feels so much smoother and way more powerful!!![:D] just want to get it rolling roaded to see what shes pushing out as it is, and then a custom remap[:D]

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The pd150 turbo comes complete with the exhaust manifold. the only thing that required modding was the lower intercooler hose to connect it to the original intercooler. The car has the .216 injectors too and after rectifying a faulty boost controler (n75) its pretty live now.[:D] cant wait too get it on the rolling road (any place near london anyone can recomend?)Have no idea what the bhp/torque is now? So much better in all the gears, dont have to drop down a gear to accelerate just hit the throttle and off she goes[:D]

My clutch seems to be holding well but my wheels boy can they spin!!! MY flywheel has been noisy for a few months now just hope it can take the power for a couple more months as funds are now low[:(]

By the way i do have my standard gt tdi 110 injectors and turbo(fully cleaned all vanes etc) if anyone wants them or some advice/help on this upgrade feel free to pm me!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
was up raams!!! gota say one thing bro each day i drive it seems to feel better and better. dont know if its just me or if the ecu seems to adapt to the mods? any ideas?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi all,

The 130 pd turbo is different from the 150, and im not so sure if its any different in the fitting but im sure you should be able to find some threads on freds tdi page. i had no trouble what so ever other than re-routing the pipework and finding the correct pipes to fit... must say a big thank you to the guys (paul and leon) at city vw parts dept for their help!

to do the job i would advise you pre order the inlet and exhaust manifold gaskets, the egr valve gaskets(2), oil ppe gasket and 2xcopper washers... oh and lots of air intake cleaner to clean out your egr and inlet manifolds!!!

people say the 150pd turbo dont make much of a difference... they are wrong it is awesome[:D]

i bolted on the 150pd boost controller(n75) today and changed the wirring plug/pipes... gotta be done[:D]

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The pd 150 has a one piece manifold and the pd 130 has a two piece manifold so i would advise you to see if the manifold marries up with the exhaust gasket first before you attempt to instal or buy one mate!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Quote: posted by m0cea on 27/02/2005 09:43:18

I'm sure my PD130 turbo is a 1 piece manifold.

i may be wrong but thats what i read on freds tdi page when doing my research on the turbos???

Simch the pd's and non pd's are totally different, dont know why the 150pd turbo makes such a difference considering i havent tampered with the boost at all,i have just recently fitted the 150pd boost control (n75) thought it would make sense to use the unit designed for that turbo!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.