Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally fitted my pd150 turbo to my 110(hhm) gt tdi... waiting for the weather to improve[:(] to give it a proper test but just from a normal drive it feels so much smoother and way more powerful!!![:D] just want to get it rolling roaded to see what shes pushing out as it is, and then a custom remap[:D]

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
let me get this right, your running transporter injectors and a pd150 turbo! that must be seriously mad! How is the clutch holding up?

Did u need the pd150 inlet manifold too?

nice1!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Wow nice1 m8! You've got really sweet set up now. Did you plumb the turbo to the standard intercooler or did you fit a PD150 intercooler?

Also do you still have your old injectors and turbo? [;)]

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The pd150 turbo comes complete with the exhaust manifold. the only thing that required modding was the lower intercooler hose to connect it to the original intercooler. The car has the .216 injectors too and after rectifying a faulty boost controler (n75) its pretty live now.[:D] cant wait too get it on the rolling road (any place near london anyone can recomend?)Have no idea what the bhp/torque is now? So much better in all the gears, dont have to drop down a gear to accelerate just hit the throttle and off she goes[:D]

My clutch seems to be holding well but my wheels boy can they spin!!! MY flywheel has been noisy for a few months now just hope it can take the power for a couple more months as funds are now low[:(]

By the way i do have my standard gt tdi 110 injectors and turbo(fully cleaned all vanes etc) if anyone wants them or some advice/help on this upgrade feel free to pm me!!!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
your mad! top stuff! [:D] that will fly once remapped!

i would so love to do what u have done, but feel the outlay would be a lot! Turbo ~?200 i guess, injectors ?400, remap ?450 for a jabba custom and then a clutch! lol, oh i forgot brakes, suspension etc! [:(]

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mate it flies already...god only knows what it will be like after those lot at gabba have had a play with it[:D]

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
was up raams!!! gota say one thing bro each day i drive it seems to feel better and better. dont know if its just me or if the ecu seems to adapt to the mods? any ideas?

·
Banned
4,570 Posts
im sure the performance will not fluctuate no more as you have replaced the vital components (which were probably in need of replacement) !

·
Registered
742 Posts
how much brake do you reckon your getting from it now??

where did you get ur injectors from and how much?

i was told the 150 turbo performance wouldnt be that different from the 110 when i asked about it!?!

·
Banned
4,570 Posts
Kiz

A straight bolt on pd150 turbo does not have any neccesary gains, its the fact that the VNT17 can handle 21psi whereas the 110 turbo can only be pushed to around 15psi

we estimate the car is pushing around 180bhp...

·
Registered
61 Posts
This is very interesting!!!

I have turbo sat on the shelf from a PD130 and I couldn't get a straight answer if I could fit it to my Bora 110!

From reading this I would say yes. Did you come across any problems other than the pipe re-route? I'd need to do my upgrade in the day so I would need to obtain any other parts I would need in advance.

BTW did you notice any play in the turbo shaft?? I have two 130 turbos and both have some play but I have been told this is normal with this model but I was always under the impression that you should have no play.

·
Registered
742 Posts
cheers for the info ive done my suspension and some styling mods and got the ice sorted (pics up soon hopefully) engine wise i have a tuning box induction kit and scorpion exhaust

ive got a 150 pd fmic which ive got to get fitted so im looking at getting the bigger injectors to get that extra bit of power i might have to start looking into getting a 150 turbo by the sounds of it!

but only being 19 this car has made me poor enough for the moment so they might have to wait a while!

·
Registered
20 Posts
So it seems that the pd 150 turbos will almost bold straight onto the 110 with some minor pipe work. Would this be the same case with bolting it onto the pd 115 or is more work needed?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi all,

The 130 pd turbo is different from the 150, and im not so sure if its any different in the fitting but im sure you should be able to find some threads on freds tdi page. i had no trouble what so ever other than re-routing the pipework and finding the correct pipes to fit... must say a big thank you to the guys (paul and leon) at city vw parts dept for their help!

to do the job i would advise you pre order the inlet and exhaust manifold gaskets, the egr valve gaskets(2), oil ppe gasket and 2xcopper washers... oh and lots of air intake cleaner to clean out your egr and inlet manifolds!!!

people say the 150pd turbo dont make much of a difference... they are wrong it is awesome[:D]

i bolted on the 150pd boost controller(n75) today and changed the wirring plug/pipes... gotta be done[:D]

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The pd 150 has a one piece manifold and the pd 130 has a two piece manifold so i would advise you to see if the manifold marries up with the exhaust gasket first before you attempt to instal or buy one mate!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Never really understood the diesels as I have never had one, but if you have a 110 and put a 150 turbo on it, why does it make more omph than a stock 150?? Had you had the boost upped on the 110 already? Are your injectors bigger than stock 150 ones?

Sounds interesting and relatively cost effective. The pd 150s seem to go for a shed load of cash, and the 110 is more affordable.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts