Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

The past few weeks I've been toying with the idea of getting my 1.9TDI BXE Jetta remapped. The 105bhp stock power is a tad underwhelming.

My friend has a PD150 ARL Mk4 Golf, which he is breaking shortly. I've heard that the PD150 ARL turbo (GT1749VB) is a direct bolt on manifold wise to my Mk5 BXE engine. He's willing to give me the turbo for £200 despite it being new around 3 months ago, which is less than my remap quote so I'm quite tempted.

Other than the turbo, and a custom remap, what other parts would I need? Custom down pipe, braided oil feeds, gaskets..? Anything I'm forgetting?

Cheers all!

Jack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I've seen the manifolds are very similar. I've yet to actually physically compare the two, but in pictures they look identical.

It's only the downpipe which is different from what I've seen, but I can work around that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Worst case scenario is a custom manifold then, have you got another car to use while this is done? From experience I'd recommend it just so you're not stuck if you have issues and aren't forced to through it back together at a moments notice.

But you're bang on about the kit, obviously if you wanted to take full advantage of what it can offer you'd be needing a new clutch injectors and maybe head bolts? Not to familiar with that engine

But with the turbo and a custom map they should be able to give you a good increase in power while keeping it safe

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can confirm it’s bolt on
The only issue being is the air out boost pipe to the intercooler comes off of the turbo in a different position, direction and size which I haven’t solved yet so if anyone else has is there a kit or is it a case of making up a section of pipe work to get from the turbo to either the pancake pipe or directly to the intercooler

1 - 5 of 5 Posts