Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, i'm looking at changing my car within the next few months...it WILL be a bora...and it WILL be a TDI, PD...

Now, which one to go for? I only have about ?10k/?11k in the pot to spend...and that will depend how much i get for mine...

So come on you diesel owners...have your say!

[UPDATE] Deffo going for the 150 folks...thanks for your time! Now, I just have to find the right one, for the right money!

http://www.spgdev.co.uk/150/150.asp going to see this on Thursday, all being well, i'll be the proud owner of a diesel!

WOOOOO

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
If i was buying again, i'd probably go for a PD150 sport as i'm MORE than happy with my 130 sport but a little extra grunt would be nice....[;)]

The Highline is imo a cracking spec but i personally would like another sport spec as i'm not fond of the 4 spoke multifunction wheel and lack of climate in the Highline, if this doesnt matter to you mate then a Highline would offer best bang for your buck, that's if they have come down enough to fall into your budget.....

As for the PD130 sport, i reckon your budget should get you a really nice one and still leave some over for a few mods.... REVO!!! [:D][:D]

Imo, whichever one you get you won't be dissapointed

Steve

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That money is excluding mods...i'll be saving for that! I want the 3 spoke...i reckon i'll end up with a PD150 to be honest, it's what i want, and don't really want to spend all that money for less than i want...if that makes sense!

Highline would be nice with heated leather etc...ARRGGHHH

Been looking around and there are LOADS of PD130's about...many many more than 150's.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Definately the 150 mate..... if not, then the 130 Sport... you have to get the Sport trim, you'll only regret it later on if you dont!

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
I think for ?11k you will be looking at a well specced late 02 / early 03 130 Sport. Even with the silly discounts a new Highline will be ?14k+ish, and a well equipped used Bora PD150 probably about the same. PD130s are plentiful so you should find a nice spec. Look for Leather Recaros and Xenons if you can, highly desirable...

EDIT: Shame Tombee sold his ages ago, that was a black PD150 with Leather Recaros!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Few 150s out there for ?11k ish...and i'm willing to wait til the right one comes along!

Just kinda wondering what the performance difference actually is...

·
Registered
796 Posts
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!

2003 03 Reg Volkswagen Bora 1.9 TDi Sport 150 bhp

Diesel, Manual 6 speed, Dark Grey Metallic, Saloon, 43,000 miles , 4 Doors. 1 Owner From New, Full VW Service History, Sports Design Half Leather & Suede Uphol, Heated Front Seats, Cruise Control, Digital Climate Control, Air-Conditioning, Alloy Wheels, Multi Functional Steering Wheel, In Dash 6 Disc CD Changer, Radio Cassette Player, On Board Computer, Auto-Dim Interior Mirror, Smart Windscreen Wipers, Front & Rear Centre Arm Rest, Traction Control System, Front Fog Lights, Electric Windows, Electric Adjustable Mirror, Adjustable Steering Column, Adjustable Seat Height, Remote Central Locking, Remote Tailgate Release, Power-Assisted Steering, Anti-Lock Brakes, Driver Air Bag, Passenger Air Bag, Side Air Bags, Body Coloured Bumpers, Body Coloured Mirrors, High Level Brake Light, Nokia Phone Kit, Tinted Glass, Locking Wheel Nuts, Wood Trim, Wooden Gear Knob, Very Economical. ?11,495.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It was a day out...WOOOO four of us flew easyjet from Newcastle to Belfast at about 7am, checked the car out, bought it cash, drove into Belfast, shopped all day, ferry back to Stranraer at 530pm ish and drove back! Was a belter day, just had a laugh...was a bit like a dream, everything happened fast!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
you've spent a lot of money on your current car in the short space of time you've been on this forum, are you going to return your car as near to stock and keep most of the mods to put on your new car [?] I would imagine the coilovers would not actually be suitable for your new car though, due to the increase in axle weight.

Good luck with your search though, stick to your guns for a PD150 if that is what you really want, you won't regret it - great car/engine (not that the 2.0 8v isn't).

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, i need to look into the coilovers...on the Koni ones, the 2.0 is lumped in with the 1.8T and TDi's...i need to go dig out the box! But yes, I will be transferring as many mods as I can! That's why I'm sticking with the bora really...plus I like the bora!

I think I will hold out for a 150...

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote: posted by 02 Bora on 21/01/2005 10:19:27

I would imagine the coilovers would not actually be suitable for your new car though, due to the increase in axle weight.

YEY...I've got the fkkkvw89 which is for axel weight >961KG...i presume the diesel is a heavy one?!

Stew

1 - 20 of 44 Posts