Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of interest whats the most you can expect out of a PD130/PD150 with basic tuning (i.e. remap) ???

Posted Image

·
Registered
283 Posts
Never had mine flat out but did have it at an indicated 135mph and still pulling when I had to back off cos a police car was ahead. t was on a motorway in Italy and I was just keeping up with the flow!! Use my horn a whole lot more since then too, Turin is mental at rush hour!

·
Banned
774 Posts
On a level 'track' I've had an indicated 140 out of my REVO'd PD150. Takes a while to get up there though, like wading through treacle after 120.

Better than any of that it will cruise for long distances at 115-120 and still average over 30mpg, impressive stuff.

·
Registered
621 Posts
And the rev counter is not even at the red line!!!!!!
My thoughts exactly, and there are double lines on some of the increments????(could be the light i suppose)[:|]

Tried looking up 130/150 rev counters to see what it was reving at but couldn't find any.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And the rev counter is not even at the red line!!!!!!
My thoughts exactly, and there are double lines on some of the increments????(could be the light i suppose)[:|]

Tried looking up 130/150 rev counters to see what it was reving at but couldn't find any.
Trust me, im an honest bloke, its real..... Just over 4200 revs

·
Registered
333 Posts
If you work it out, well on my 115pd anyway rev limiter in 6th is give or take 180mph......i believe the guy, had 130 indicated on my 115pd

·
Registered
61 Posts
My PD150 is exactly the same.... just over 4000RPM at 145MPH although my sat nav says I'm only doing 140 so who knows. I'll see what difference the remap makes tomorrow.

·
Registered
824 Posts
If you work it out, well on my 115pd anyway rev limiter in 6th is give or take 180mph......i believe the guy, had 130 indicated on my 115pd
I didn't think diesel engines had rev limiters? I thought they just went flat and could not speed up any more?

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
I've had 143 indicated. When I did a run at Bruntingthorpe I only got
to just over 130 as it was quite wet. My speedo was only 1mph out at
that speed compared with the racelogic system.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've had 143 indicated. When I did a run at Bruntingthorpe I only got to just over 130 as it was quite wet. My speedo was only 1mph out at that speed compared with the racelogic system.
Interesting how accurate the speedos are.. Did you find the car was extremely stable even at 130+? I find the Golf much more so than my Impreza ever was...

Chris

1 - 20 of 24 Posts