Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there I have a mk4 1.9tdi pd100.......and have recently purchased a chip box which plugs into the fuel sensor...now running about 140bhp.......i am now wanting that little bit of extra grunt but not to keen on spending 400 on a remap just yet....i have read about people removing the EGR valve for abit more extra go? Is this a good idea??and what sort of gains can you expect? Also what other methods can i consider for adding that bit of extra power?? around the 155-160 bhp will do a treat!! All advice considered!! :)

Thanks

TDIgolf18

·
TEAM 88 MOTORSPORT
8,901 Posts
Doubt you will get 140bhp out of a PD100 with just a tuning box! The EGR delete doesnt really make much more power but will make it smoother, might see a couple of HP on a good day. You will see more if you find that your EGR and inlet are choked up when you do the delete. A decat will help the turbo spool up quicker. A remap is where its at really[Y]

·
Registered
40 Posts
not a fan of tuning boxes myself. but i have a pd 100 engine. am after just a remap. but are you saying the 130 injectors and turbo bolts straight on? if so ill do that then remap, cheers..

·
Registered
462 Posts
I have a PD115 turbo, ECU and other bits going cheap if youre interested? If you got the ECU remapped by Blacksmoke he will squeeze 142 brake out of it. The tuning box you have just overfuels so works low down but past 2k it will have a really bad flat spot til over 2.5k. Mine did anyway and they really arnt healthy for the engine. The PD130 will work, but you will need:

Turbo, Turbo intake pipe, MAF, airbox lid, intake manifold, EGR or EGR delete kit, new gaskets, the red turbo pipe and a replacement pancake pipe. Add injectors and ECU and unless you get a whole car with all of it youre looking £650-700 minimum as Injectors are going to be £350 on their own second hand. Depends on how much you want to be spending on this.

·
Registered
40 Posts
hmm not loads! im having overboost problems atm trying to fix them and see if its the vac system or maf first. if its the turbo would your 115 bolt onto mine?

if its not the turbo i think im gunna get it remapped at AmD then hit up darkside developments later

·
Registered
462 Posts
Overboost is generally not caused by the MAF or the vac system but by the tuning chip OR a dirty turbo, which happens over time as the vanes get dirty and they dont move as much as they should or too much. You can clean a turbo out if you are a bit savvy and know your way around a spanner. As far as Im aware my turbo would just bolt on but I dont know for sure, something you would have to check through searching on here. Im pretty sure its the mapping and thats it as I thought they had the same turbo.

·
Registered
40 Posts
yeah, waiting to be paid, going to replace the maf as i got the fault code up.. and gunna do the old oven cleaner in the turbo for now :/ still trying to find out what turbo i can just bolt on. might just have to settle with a standard replacement! i got the egr delete and gettin a fmic soon.

the 130 turb injectors and manifold will have to wait :(

·
Registered
462 Posts
As I said, Im pretty sure the PD100, PD110 and PD115 all use the same Garrett GT1749V whilst the PD130 uses the Garrett GT1749VA and the PD150 uses the Garrett GT1749VB. Differences are minor, as far as Im aware they use the same size compressor wheel but its inlet and outlet size which are different.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
To fit a 130 or 150 turbo to your car all you need to get it to physically fit on is the red turbo outlet intercooler pipe, this will connect the turbo to your existing pancake pipe. You won't have the full gains but thats all you need.

The 115 will be a straight swap with your 100.

I have a 130 turbo which needs a refurb if you want a bigger turbo on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts