Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 342 Posts

·
Diesel isn't a dirty word
11,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have performed an EGR delete then you can remove the control valves for the EGR and anti shudder along with the VAC lines that supply them and the vacuum resevoir, this is the standard valve and line layout on the PD:

Posted Image

When you remove the two valves you are going to this layout:

Posted Image

to do this delete the red hoses and valves etc [y]

Posted Image

To end up with this

Posted Image

Whilst doing this it is the ideal time to replace all the lines with silicone piping, you will need 3mm and 4mm diameter:

From N75 to actuator is 3ft in 4mm

From N75 to airbox is 2ft in 4mm

From valve to servo vac pipe (inc 1 way valve) is 1ft of 3mm

From N75 to vac resevoir (on a 130) if you are keeping it is 3ft of 3mm

So totals:

5ft of 4MM - so get 2 metres

4ft of 3mm - so get 1 metre or 2 depending on if you keep the vac resevoir

HTH

Neil

·
Registered
142 Posts
Thanks for that i have fitted my egr delete kit and i was going to do this in the new year when i change my turbo

you say you need 3mm and 4mm silicon hoses could you tell us all what ones they are as i have orderd 4mm as i thought that was all i needed

Has anyone workrd out how to trick the ecu so you get no error codes when its all been removed?

dan [Y]

·
Tim Sr
13,503 Posts
Surely getting rid of the res will cause issues? Mine played silly buggers when the air-line running to it was leaking.

Edit: I did the simplification and deleted the N18 and N239 on my PD, and that part worked a charm, but i left the vac res in place (logic was that the vac is only built up when the engine is running. If you do an N75 test in vag-com without the engine running, it manages to cycle the N75 about 3 times before the pressure is too low for it to move the actuator).

·
TEAM 88 MOTORSPORT
8,901 Posts
Ive ben running with no reservoir for a long time...not had any problems at all. To stop the ECU error you need to fit a resistor. The value of the resistor needs to be the same value as the solenoid valve you remove. so take a multimeter and measure accross the electrical contacts to get the value. The resistors need to be 10w ones.

·
Diesel isn't a dirty word
11,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The vac resevoir is only really needed for the anti shudder functionality as the N75 only needs to work with the engine running unless you are doing a function test in vagcom.

Saying that I still have mine fitted at the moment.

The 4mm tube is from the turbo to valve and Vac pump to valve, the 3mm is from the valve to airbox

Neil

1 - 20 of 342 Posts