Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post here so bare with me......

Ive just bought (from availablecar.com) a '51 GT TDI 130 5dr with 40k(pickup on Friday). When working out insurance quotes i'm struggling to work out whether this would be a PD engine or not...none of the documentation I read mentioned it, but the insurers dont have a GT TDI 130 only a GT TDI 130PD....can anybody help me out , did a TDI 130 exist or do I have a PD ? I'll be [^] if it's a PD as I reckon I got it for a bargain price anyway !

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whey hey !! Cheers.....I'll ask another bunch of dumb questions then if you don't mind!!

Is it just me or was ?8999 pretty damn cheap, especially when availablecar are giving it a new MOT, brakes all round and it has a fully reciepted service history?

How much will the now due 40K service cost me, is it worth going to a proper dealer?

It doesn't have a CDPlayer, but from what I recall it had controls for the stereo on the wheel....are there any models of stereo that will use the controls on the wheel?

Was I stupid buying this for my wife when I have to drive a laguna?.....wait I think i know the answer to this one !!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It arrived on their forecourt Friday night 'bout half an hour before closing and was still filthy......I boutght it 10 minutes after opening on Saturday morning!!!! I'm not saying it's perfect though......it needs a new tyre[;)] and an mp3 player

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Damn, what a price! Definitely swap with the wife, give her the Laguna & take the golf.

And then look at the wheels - assuming it won't have any decent alloys on it at that price so stick 18s on it before you shell out money for a new tyre you won't be needing - well, not if you hang around for here very long anyway [;)]

Welcome

·
Registered
565 Posts
Quote: posted by Cat1.4 on 07/11/2004 21:09:01

- well, not if you hang around for here very long anyway [;)]

lols, never a truer word said, Cat!

·
Registered
156 Posts
It was probably an import originally, not that it makes any difference.

Have a look on ebay as you can usually find an assortment of VW Gamma units that will fit straight in

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
warning...mrfrosty.now be very careful as to how often you visit this site.like you , i got a pd 130 at a good price,found this site,then bang [}:)] they get you,with there tantalizing bits.i am now all coil over'd , eighteen'd ,leather'd van aarken'd and bora vented up [well the vents are in the post],and about 1500 quid lighter,...but luvin it[:D]i'm not sure weather it's a way of life,or a drug...enjoy

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
warning...mrfrosty.now be very careful as to how often you visit this site.it all started about 4 weeks ago when,like you , i got a pd 130 at a good price,found this site,then bang [}:)] they get you,with there tantalizing bits.i am now all coil over'd , eighteen'd ,leather'd van aarken'd and bora vented up [well the vents are in the post],and about 1500 quid lighter,...but luvin it[:D]i'm not sure weather it's a way of life,or a drug...enjoy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I trying to be careful but it's hard! I can see massive expense coming from a frickin mile off. Of course I'll justify it because of the great mpg! The good thing is I don't have a clue what most of you are talking about so can't possibly end up spending that much!!! What is coil over'd?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
van aaken is a v good diesel tuning company [like revo] they do chips or plug in boxes,i have the box and it puts out 150 bhp [130 as standard] this was on the car when i got it.the guy selling it told me it was 180 bhp,so i phoned van,[first name terms][:D]and asked what i had on the car as seller told me,ect,as above,when van stopped me and said,"hold it right there,what bhp,180 i said,who told you that,he said,the seller,i said, ahh bless him,he said.if they were putting out 180,with this much tourk you would get through a clutch every couple of months.it would be good to meet up with other dudes with tuning boxes to see how they compare.oh and "coil over" is hight adjustable [and or rebound] suspension i got the kw vereant one .i wish i could spell[:I]

·
Registered
565 Posts
Quote: posted by mrfrosty on 08/11/2004 19:51:24

I trying to be careful but it's hard! I can see massive expense coming from a frickin mile off. Of course I'll justify it because of the great mpg! The good thing is I don't have a clue what most of you are talking about so can't possibly end up spending that much!!! What is coil over'd?

This is a forum of dirty tricks. Before you know it you'll be spending a wedge.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts