Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all

As per the title i'm looking to completly get rid of the PCV pipework and valve but i can only find a HOW TO for the aum and i've got an AUQ. I've read that it's different on the AUQ's spoke to nick yesterday about this but i have a brain like a siv and got home and i'm completly lost as how to do it now. Can anyone help me with descriptions and pictures please

Also can i do this without fitting a catch can or is this a must before doing away with the PCV system

all help gratefully recieved

Jon

·
Registered
380 Posts
I used the excellent guide on here which was based on an AUM and think the only difference was two outlets on the inlet manifold which I joined together - cant remember the hose ID but will have a search.

catch can is needed - the saikou michi which everyone seems to recommend does the job and fits easily.

advantages are all the hoses which are prone to splitting are replaced and less oil going back through inlet, intercooler, etc. I've gained around 10mpg more too since fitting a catch tank.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers Scott ive looked at that guide but i'm not that confident without having a firm guide of how to do it pictures would be great as i'm a bit thick aswell lol

dont wanna end up with a pile of pipes and not know what to do with whats left i know there are very good reasons for getting rid of it

·
Registered
380 Posts
there is a few guides on the seat cupra forum based on AUQ's which IIRC have plenty of pictures.

might be worth printing stuff off to use as a reference then having a look around your engine - this worked for me being able to see where they actually are.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts