Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After hearing how good these things are aaaaaaaaaaaalll the time on here, makes me want one, i have slight swirls, soon as i get rid of them, after a few washes there back! [:mad:] and i love polishing my car but getting rid of swirls all the time, my arms are knackered.

Are they only available in the US? and there only 110 w arnt they? so how much does everthing come to all in all?

Also if anyone in the NorthWest area has one, especialy near Bolton/Wigan wants to give a demo, i'd love to watch one in action before i get one.

joN

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
This is the place to get them http://www.autopia-carcare.com/son-daspol-kit.html, & thats the best kit to get too, value for money wise.

You'll need a converter too, screwfix was the pace I got mine, along with an extension lead too (a must)

You'll also need the correct materials to remove the swirls, Menzerna & Blackfire work well on hard VAG paint, Poorboys SSR is good too, but takes a little more working.

Autopia will deliver in about 4 days, & mark it as a gift so you dont get hit with taxes.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
What's the difference between the SFX and DAS kits?
Yeah I keep wondering that, I emailed autopia when I had a few q's about some other stuff and they said that the sfx kit was the one to go for if you have VW paint.
Its to confusing with all these different products out lol [:S]

·
Registered
42 Posts
You can also get them here, with transformer and extension lead, probably receive quicker too!! Currently out of stock but were in last time i looked

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/shop/polishing/polishing-machine/sonus-sfx-polishing-kit-complete-kit/p_49.html

Jace, which of the menzerna products do you recommend, would the set as the link below be good?

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/shop/polishing/polish/menzerna-250ml/menzerna-250ml-sampler-kit/p_220.html

Would you use the Blackfire SRC compound then the SRC finishing compound?

·
Registered
39 Posts
When considering what pads to go for (SFX or DAS), I would consider what paint you are going work on, as mentioned if mainly VAG paint then definitely SFX as these normally give a slightly better cut and wear characteristics, however I wouldn't discount the DAS especially the blue ones. I use these for applying glazes and sealants as being softer they seem to give a slightly better finish. Also you should consider the small 4" spot pads, as these are ideal for spot repair work and working in small areas.

I would also recommend when getting pads for the first time get 2 of each, this allows for mistakes, like putting the PC down and the pad muck on it, or something like the pad gets too loaded.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I'm mainly going to be working on Merc and Peugeot paints, along with some Mini and Ford paint work too, so a s election of pads might be apt then [:)]

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm mainly going to be working on Merc and Peugeot paints, along with some Mini and Ford paint work too, so a s election of pads might be apt then [:)]
In which case recommed the following:- 2 yellow SFX, 2 white SFX, 2 blue DAS, then 2 x 4" in both yellow and white

Sounds like a lot but you'll soon find you'll be needing more especially when your mates know you can sort their motors too [;)]

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Group buy could be an idea....

Spotted this on ebay, this is exactly what were talkin about? look any good?

joN

·
Registered
123 Posts
joN, I am based in Huddersfield and you are more then welcome to come over to the unit one weekend and I'll give you a demo.

You can also get them here, with transformer and extension lead, probably receive quicker too!! Currently out of stock but were in last time i looked

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/shop/polishing/polishing-machine/sonus-sfx-polishing-kit-complete-kit/p_49.html

Jace, which of the menzerna products do you recommend, would the set as the link below be good?

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/shop/polishing/polish/menzerna-250ml/menzerna-250ml-sampler-kit/p_220.html

Would you use the Blackfire SRC compound then the SRC finishing compound?
Hi Marcos, the SFX kit is the one to go for. I get them in every so often or as has been mentioned Autopia offer a good service.

The Menzerna is better than the Blackfire IMHO. The Blackfire is re-bottled tampered with menzerna. To suit americans they put it in fancy looking Black bottles and added more luibrication. This makes it very difficult to work with and removal usually ends up needing a QD.

The SRC Compound and finish were based on the Menzerna 3.01 and the Finish PO106FF. The kit you mentioned will allow you to try most of the products at far better prices. You WILL love the PO106FF, this has to be one of the best polishes on the market.

Cheers Tim

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Tim, a demo sounds good! I'm up for that, plus I've been on your website and am after a lot of products you sell, so I think your gonna have to become my new best mate,lol

joN

·
Registered
3,596 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
How do you rate them all, Jace? Clever idea there labelling them all 1-4 in order of application. Have you used the Blackfire? Rich at Polished Bliss advised on the Blackfire, but if the general consensus is that Menz are better, then I'll go with those.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
How do you rate them all, Jace? Clever idea there labelling them all 1-4 in order of application. Have you used the Blackfire? Rich at Polished Bliss advised on the Blackfire, but if the general consensus is that Menz are better, then I'll go with those.
No, not used blackfire, yet [;)]

From what I've read theres not really that much in the two brands, maybe PB are pushing the Blackfire a little more as Menz can be bought from several places now, not just them like when I got mine back in march.[*-)]

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cheers matey, I'll order that first one you said then. Not sure wether to order it right away, with it coming from the US and the Christams post and all that. My Mums give it the ok for a present off her [:D] just gotta get some products to use with it and wait for some decent wether.

joN

1 - 20 of 20 Posts