Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
SMUJ
5,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a couple of issues with my daily diver, it is a 2000 GTi 150hp had it almost 19 years now so would like to keep it but ULEZ says different.

I'm looking for a part number for pre cat lamda sensor, I've got a PN but it shows as after cat and five pin, I've read that the pre cat is 6pin.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ulez not a problem.just use premium unleaded as that stays e5 for another five years.i have 2002 aum had probs with pre cat O2 sensor ended up buying VW upgraded one 200 quid.but always check wiring in the black plastic connector box underneath on floorplan opposite the exhaust.

Sent from my XQ-AD51 using Tapatalk

·
SMUJ
5,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ulez not a problem.just use premium unleaded as that stays e5 for another five years.i have 2002 aum had probs with pre cat O2 sensor ended up buying VW upgraded one 200 quid.but always check wiring in the black plastic connector box underneath on floorplan opposite the exhaust.

Cheers, checked the sensor and all the wiring inc plugs,TFL sent me a letter confirming I'll have to pay to drive on certain roads I use pretty often in the 2000 GTi

·
SMUJ
5,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's been no time limit set on premium unleaded..
And esso premium, although labelled E5, has no ethanol in it.
Cost you £7 a gallon though.
I have a letter for TFL and I've just pulled it out to check again...

In Bold
The Ultra Low Emission Zone is expanding from October 25th 2021 and our records show your vehiclr may not meet ULEZ standards.

Further down it says
TFL has provided the DVLA with a list of number plates of vehicles the we have identified as likely to be effected by the ULEZ, and the DVLA has sent these letters out on our behalf.

On the back it says
TFL are aware that some vehicle manufacturers produced vehicles that met the standards earlier than was legally required. These vehicles are known as 'early adaptors'. If you think your vehicle falls into this category, please contact the vehicle manufacturer or supplying dealer for supporting evidence of compliant emission levels and submit the evidence by registering you vehicle through our website.

There is nothing about changing the type of fuel you use to allow you to drive on particular roads etc at all anywhere on this two sided load of waffle.

Oh and its signed
Road User Charging Team :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Know nothing of ulez, was only commenting on how long premium unleaded is projected to be around for, sorry..

Wasn't aware ulez affected petrol vehicles... damn....

·
Registered
9 Posts
sorry B4DVW..thought was fuel issue yes I read some months ago about all major UK cities bringing in low emission zones and expanding current ones sadly I don't think our mk4s will make it.we are about 40/50 grams of emissions over there set limit.im also hearing Mk5 1.6 fsi has copped it too.i am lucky I'm in a more rural area.but it's not the cars fault 20years ago there emissions were normal.it seems 2005 on some cars are ok differs by manufacturer.im waiting for them to hammer the tax again too our 1.8T s are already over 300 quid.they want our cars off the road.so enjoy them as much as you can while you can.ive looked at other replacement cars and nothing comes close to my mk4 golf.

·
VR6 GT35 4mo
11,470 Posts
E5/10 doesn't matter on these, only early FSI. No MK4 is affected by E10.

Yours is on the cusp between wide/narrowband. What is the engine code? AUM is wideband and 6 pin lambda pre-cat. Post cat are all narrowband and for monitoring cat only.

·
SMUJ
5,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sorry B4DVW..thought was fuel issue yes I read some months ago about all major UK cities bringing in low emission zones and expanding current ones sadly I don't think our mk4s will make it.we are about 40/50 grams of emissions over there set limit.im also hearing Mk5 1.6 fsi has copped it too.i am lucky I'm in a more rural area.but it's not the cars fault 20years ago there emissions were normal.it seems 2005 on some cars are ok differs by manufacturer.im waiting for them to hammer the tax again too our 1.8T s are already over 300 quid.they want our cars off the road.so enjoy them as much as you can while you can.ive looked at other replacement cars and nothing comes close to my mk4 golf.

Online checker makes my 2003 R32 OK but not the daily :(

·
SMUJ
5,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
E5/10 doesn't matter on these, only early FSI. No MK4 is affected by E10.

Yours is on the cusp between wide/narrowband. What is the engine code? AUM is wideband and 6 pin lambda pre-cat. Post cat are all narrowband and for monitoring cat only.
Cheer pal, any partnumber/s, the ones Ive seen have 5 wires so a bit confusing, is it like the MAF where there is a plug with an empty/capped off pin?

·
SMUJ
5,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Ive actually seen a mate this morning with a MK4 who has decided to break it as he is effected with the ULEZ expansion from 25th Oct :cry:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts