Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
.. Part number for an Audi TT wheel arch vent please ! [Y]
It's 8N0 821 171 B and priced @ ?18.54.. And i even took the liberty of working out the VAT for you, so the price i've given is inclusive!! [;)]

Hope that helps fella! [:)]

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
It's 8N0 821 171 B and priced @ ?18.54..

Great work RJH.....

@ Dan if you forget to take the part number with you then just tell them what you want and why you want it.... I did this to get my arch vent from Audi and they were very interested to help, as they never throught... that this could become a mod for us Golf owners....[:D]

·
Registered
398 Posts
Failing that can easily....(and carefully)...cut you own into the exsisting wheel arch liner....and have as few or as many vents as you like....[Y][Y]

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Great work RJH.....

@ Dan if you forget to take the part number with you then just tell them what you want and why you want it.... I did this to get my arch vent from Audi and they were very interested to help, as they never throught... that this could become a mod for us Golf owners....[:D]
Cheers Ryan and cheers Kev ! Did you fit your own kev ? I remember briefly discussing it with you on the way back down from awesome, but didn't ask you if done yours or not. I got my forge smic now.. [:D][:D][:D][:D] (that was a BRUCIE bonus hehe [;)]) - Just tryin' to work out how to fit it and get all the bits i'll need together.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Failing that can easily....(and carefully)...cut you own into the exsisting wheel arch liner....and have as few or as many vents as you like....[Y][Y]
How did you do yours ? Did you cut a slot or just make a kind of hinged flap ? If that makes sense ?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hi mate.....you could do it either way TBH.....I went for a few slots in the end....(think 6/7 in total)...is easy to do...just requires removal of the arch liner and some careful cutting.....didn`t make the slots to deep as to limit the amount of crud thrown at the IC from the wheel....[Y]...prob doesn`t make that much difference to be truthfull....(but then I don`t think a proper TT vent does either)...as they every little bit helps tho....and if you can save ?18 ish whilst doin it even better.....[:D]

HTH

Nick

·
Registered
1,934 Posts

Great work RJH.....

Did you fit your own kev ?
Yes I did mate, I'll try and find a link to help you out [:D]

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers Kev. Did you find it a ballache to install ? I have a mate who is a keen mechanic and i'm sure I could pop round and borrow his tools, skills and driveway for a few hours one afternoon [:D] I reckon between us we could manage it.

Also, did you fit your own smic too ? any thoughts ideas or advice on doing this ? Is it really as easy as I think it is.. take the old one off and fit the new one in it's place ?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Cheers Kev. Did you find it a ballache to install ? I have a mate who is a keen mechanic and i'm sure I could pop round and borrow his tools, skills and driveway for a few hours one afternoon [:D] I reckon between us we could manage it.

Also, did you fit your own smic too ? any thoughts ideas or advice on doing this ? Is it really as easy as I think it is.. take the old one off and fit the new one in it's place ?
As that link is American it says passenger side you do this on, but I take it we do the mod on the drivers!

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

As that link is American it says passenger side you do this on, but I take it we do the mod on the drivers!
yeah just read through and realised what it was on about earlier ! so yeah, the drivers side to us.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts

yeah just read through and realised what it was on about earlier ! so yeah, the drivers side to us.
Cheers for that it could be a cheap mod for me to do one weekend

·
Registered
1,934 Posts

The TT mod and the SMIC are very easy... just take your time and you will have no problems.

The link posted is just to show how to cut the vent out and how to mount it to the standard arch liner..... as you realise, you must put the vent on the same side as the intercooler (drivers side)...[:D]

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
And to get more air in through the front, fit a V6 valance and cut out the backing on the drivers side 'brake vent', stretch the intercooler shroud down to cover the back of the vent and Roberts your mothers brother - a 50% gain in intake size[:D]

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
And to get more air in through the front, fit a V6 valance and cut out the backing on the drivers side 'brake vent', stretch the intercooler shroud down to cover the back of the vent and Roberts your mothers brother - a 50% gain in intake size[:D]
Good thinking richard. and I have one of those from the person above.. cheers kev ! [:D]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts