part number for 4bar fpr

Mk4 Golf 
Tags
mk4 golf
2K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  T10HJS 
#1 ·
Hi,could anyone tell me the part number for a 4bar fpr.cheers

#7 ·
Hi guys. Funny enuf I just logged on to try and find the part number for a 4 bar regulator. Cheers! [:D] As I understand it, it allows the fuel pressure to get to 4 bar. I am planning a Revo remap. Stage 1 doesn't need the extra fuel but stage 2 does. Other essentials for stage 2 are a good freeflow exhaust and an air induction kit. The regulator wont do anything to a standard engine. You need the remap to make use of the extra pressure. If u are fitting it yourself be aware that the fuel lines are under high pressure. If you pull out the fuse for the fuel pump and start the car it will use the fuel in the lines and make it safe to remove the regulator without hosing petrol over your face/engine/innocent bystanders.

#9 ·
I have seen a few claims of around 255 bhp for the stage 2 though Revo doesn't give figures on their site. I had a stage 1 on an otherwise standard engine and got 207bhp on the rollers so if you consider that you need a good exhaust, air filter and the regulator and they recommend a decat downpipe and uprated dump valve, 255bhp should be close

#12 ·
To give you some idea of how the re-maps work here goes from experience on my own car.

Remap and DV only first RR ever for me - 166bhp and 220lbft

Remap - CAI - Cat Back - DV - TIP - No reading car was jumping all over the rollers and AmD go scared and did not want to run my car.

Remap - CAI - Turbo Back decat - DV - TIP - 227bhp - 260lbft(running very high octane fuel and boost adjusted via lemmiwinks)

Remap - CAI - Turbo Back decat - DV TIP - FMIC - 227bhp - 240lbft standard bp ultimate

I have always felt my top end to midrange felt like it could give more so have been considering the 4 bar thinking this may help so anybody out there with an opinion ??

#17 ·
is yours an AGU ?

*Edited* Just read that you have an AUM.[:$].
I recon that from the stage you are at the only way to get more power would be to increase your boost
level or the way it is delivered.Does yours hold 1 bar all the way ? Maybe experimenting with boost controllers [;)]

#18 ·
To give you some idea of how the re-maps work here goes from experience on my own car.

Remap and DV only first RR ever for me - 166bhp and 220lbft

Remap - CAI - Cat Back - DV - TIP - No reading car was jumping all over the rollers and AmD go scared and did not want to run my car.

Remap - CAI - Turbo Back decat - DV - TIP - 227bhp - 260lbft(running very high octane fuel and boost adjusted via lemmiwinks)

Remap - CAI - Turbo Back decat - DV TIP - FMIC - 227bhp - 240lbft standard bp ultimate

I have always felt my top end to midrange felt like it could give more so have been considering the 4 bar thinking this may help so anybody out there with an opinion ??
what stage map did you have ? is it a generic? think im going to get a custom one when i have my decat full Blueflame system, DV & 4 Bar FPR i already got a CAI

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.