Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister in law is trying to buy a driver's door lock for her Golf and I'll fit it. First supplier has asked her to quote the part no., which would mean taking the part off.
Is there not a catalouge giving part no agains reg no./Vin number or should she just go to another supplier?

Regards,
Colin.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Just get your local VW dealer to quote you for the part, mine at least doesn't mind giving me the part numbers. Or, if you prefer, use this link. I'll normally use that site and then confirm the part number with the dealer...

·
Registered
2002 MK4 1.8t GTi AUM
45 Posts
I am having to replace both my door lock modules and ended up just taking them out to get the numbers from mine, if you have the tools and check you tube videos you could do this in a couple of hrs if it's your first time doing something like this, other than that it will be main dealer I think, I would like to know what vw want for a lock module.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I am having to replace both my door lock modules and ended up just taking them out to get the numbers from mine, if you have the tools and check you tube videos you could do this in a couple of hrs if it's your first time doing something like this, other than that it will be main dealer I think, I would like to know what vw want for a lock module.
Dealers will charge £130+ for each door module - I bought 2 for my mk1 Leon at start of year as my £24 eBay special crashed n burned after a year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
265 Posts
Don’t get me wrong, for the price the ebay specials are fine but after 3 replacements, I couldn’t be arsed with the whole resealing gubbins every couple of years!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
135 Posts
Colin, I wrote about this recently.

The door lock modules do not have part numbers on them, at least mine didn't on a RHD V5 and V6.

7 Zap part diagram shows these codes for RHD vehicles:
driver / right front : 6X2 837 014 C
pass / left front : 6X2 837 013 C

But, there's one for sale on eBay.co.uk which looks the same externally and is labelled as:
Reference OE/OEM Number: 6X1 837 014H, 3B1837016AD, 5Z1837016F
which should be for LHD cars based on 7 Zap, but seller has sold 890 units and when I asked, they are adamant these are suitable for RHD cars.
It's a UK seller (d2pautoparts10 ) with excellent reviews.

I ended up buying OEM.
There was a subsequent post suggesting the eBay ones worked fine, but I can't confirm.

Good luck

·
Registered
2002 MK4 1.8t GTi AUM
45 Posts
Colin, I wrote about this recently.

The door lock modules do not have part numbers on them, at least mine didn't on a RHD V5 and V6.

7 Zap part diagram shows these codes for RHD vehicles:
driver / right front : 6X2 837 014 C
pass / left front : 6X2 837 013 C

But, there's one for sale on eBay.co.uk which looks the same externally and is labelled as:
Reference OE/OEM Number: 6X1 837 014H, 3B1837016AD, 5Z1837016F
which should be for LHD cars based on 7 Zap, but seller has sold 890 units and when I asked, they are adamant these are suitable for RHD cars.
It's a UK seller (d2pautoparts10 ) with excellent reviews.

I ended up buying OEM.
There was a subsequent post suggesting the eBay ones worked fine, but I can't confirm.

Good luck
they do have different part numbers and the locks differ slightly through the years, i stripped my doors to check the numbers and they don't match the ebay specials, i installed a drivers ebay and although it works it doesn't work properly so its getting changed out for an new VW one.

Lock Modules O/S 26H-3B2837016H, N/S 25L-3B2837015L.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts