been giving Katy jip for a good few weeks now about finding a cable to
get this to work in a mk5!), he's done loads of mk4s afaik, but never a
mk5 - but he's happy now, so if you want one, go PM him [:)]

C

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Great to hear you are happy with it...

I'm hoping to get John to fit one to my MKIV after christmas......

I need to install a couple of items [;)] before the hands free can be installed [:D]

Where did you get the mic fitted/stashed away?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Woot, after much fun and games and cable ordering (why do Mk5 stereo's
not have bloody ISO adapters any more? [:mad:]), John W's got me a nice
parrot handsfree cart hooked into the back of the RCD500 and it's
bloody marvellous! [:)]

Thing works a treat on this, ringtone through, nice little mic stashed
away (could've been stashed even more potentially but I wasn't that
bothered), great on the sound, crystal clear, and apparently according
to people I've spoken to on the way back I don't sound any weirder than
normal on the phone - which is good (no echoes etc!) oh and no cradle
or anything required! [y]

It's all good, so thanks to John and Katy for sorting this out (I've
been giving Katy jip for a good few weeks now about finding a cable to
get this to work in a mk5!), he's done loads of mk4s afaik, but never a
mk5 - but he's happy now, so if you want one, go PM him [:)]

C
Mmmm yes let me elaberate on that....it does help when testing these
things that you take your phone of silent eh Chris!!!!!![;)][;)]

We got there eventually!

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
*sniggers like mad* It wasn't on purpose - and at least SOMEONE realised [;)]

John's face though when I 'fessed up - hysterical.

Kev - my mic's subtly clipped to the headlining, tis fairly discreet,
could potentially have been stashed even further away but it's fine for
me [:)]

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
hi ya chris

Glad ya got it done finaly , they are a very good unit dont ya think ,and john does a great job on the installation [:D]

Did katy make ya a nice bacon buttie [;)] they are well yummy [:D]

Im well pleased with mine ,

Also had sara's fitted on saturday afternoon aswell , and got the cd changer fitted at the same time , many thanks john [Y]

·
Registered
593 Posts
tis a great car kit the 3100.  I have one wired through the rcd300 in my mk5 and it really is superb.  I have the little mic just to the side of the light console in the roof and I have had the screen mounted up where the ashtray usually is - great position as the ash tray cover still folds down and hides the thing away!

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Does anyone find their parrot continually disconnects and then reconnects again ?  About every ten minutes ?  It's fappin annoyin' I tells ya !

·
Registered
593 Posts
Does anyone find their parrot continually disconnects and then reconnects again ? About every ten minutes ? It's fappin annoyin' I tells ya !
I haven't experienced such a problem, however it does do the odd random thing like not connect or show no netowrk when there is [:|]

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When you/re in the car Dan where's the phone??

If it's in your back pocket, don't take offense here, but it's probably you're arse getting in the way of a good signal [;)]

Same as if you bury it anywhere else - Bluetooth signal (generally, not
in this instance!) isn't that astounding in my opinion [:)]

Had mine in my back pocket whilst testing yesterday (AFTER I'd realised
it wasn't ringing cos it was on meeting [;)]) and it was doing all
sorts of crap!

C

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hi ya chris

Glad ya got it done finaly , they are a very good unit dont ya think
,and john does a great job on the installation [:D]

Did katy make ya a nice bacon buttie [;)] they are well yummy [:D]

Im well pleased with mine ,

Also had sara's fitted on saturday afternoon aswell , and got
the cd changer fitted at the same time , many thanks john [Y]
Yeah, finally done (after katy was ace at running round finding me a
cable to plug into the mk5 RCDs) by John yesterday and well happy [:)]

Is that the WHOLE FAMILY you've had done by john now for handsfree kits jason? [;)]

It has to be said, John does seem to be our master electrician [;)]
(and is bloody good even if people do leave their phone on silent and
make him scratch his head for quarter of an hour!!!!)

C

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
yer i give john and katy top marks , for these kits and for everything else they do [:)]

yep thats all 3 car parrot ed up and all 3 working super fine [:D]

doh and how did you feel chris , when it was on silent lol[:$]

oh and with regards to it diconnecting and connecting , i dont have any probs with mine , if anything the range is to much ie i can park the car up and it will still be connected while i stand at my front door lol

and when me , john , katy , kev , dan went to do the photo shoot erm how far away was i and it was still connected lol

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Heh yeah - and it felt great actually, as it was on Meeting not really
just SIlent - so it was buzzing away in my pocket (or on the arm in the
car door where it was sat most of the time) quite merrily! [;)]

I'm expecting some serious mileage from John/Katy on the 3rd Dec - so I'm gonna keep getting in there first I think [;)]

And your kit may stay connected mate, but if the phone rang, the quality on the carkit in the car would be a bit ropey mate!

C

·
Registered
965 Posts
Thanks guys for your kind words, I am just glad they are all working and you like them.

It always keeps John outta trouble fitting these kits! lol

As for the disconnecting I do not have a problem and have not heard any
others with this. Although John does have this now and then and he
keeps his phone in his pocket so I assume that this could be the
cause????

Dan - try keeping your phone on the seat and out of your pocket a few times and see if that helps???

Personally I bought a cradle from halfords(?14.99) that suckers onto windscreen for my phone no damage to dash.....perfect!

[;)]

·
Registered
5,827 Posts

If it's in your back pocket, don't take offense here, but it's probably you're arse getting in the way of a good signal [;)]

Same as if you bury it anywhere else - Bluetooth signal (generally, not in this instance!) isn't that astounding in my opinion [:)]

Had mine in my back pocket whilst testing yesterday (AFTER I'd realised it wasn't ringing cos it was on meeting [;)]) and it was doing all sorts of crap!

C
It's always on the passenger seat and the "box" is above the passenger footwell. So, 18 inches gap ? I'll give it a go soon and report back. Will try changing some of the settings on the bluetooth too.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts

Same as if you bury it anywhere else - Bluetooth signal (generally, not in this instance!) isn't that astounding in my opinion [:)]

Had mine in my back pocket whilst testing yesterday (AFTER I'd realised it wasn't ringing cos it was on meeting [;)]) and it was doing all sorts of crap!

C
It's always on the passenger seat and the "box" is above the passenger footwell. So, 18 inches gap ? I'll give it a go soon and report back. Will try changing some of the settings on the bluetooth too.
Have ya got the phone on auto connect ?

·
Registered
5,827 Posts

C
If it's on (i.e. bluetooth), then it will automatically connect to the parrot unit if I get in and out of the car.

I have power save turned off (more than one device can connect, apparently) - Visibility is set to show phone.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts

C
If it's on (i.e. bluetooth), then it will automatically connect to the parrot unit if I get in and out of the car.

I have power save turned off (more than one device can connect, apparently) - Visibility is set to show phone.
Ok so you have paired you phone with the parrot then

they only time you can connect other devises is when you pair them with the parrot kit , have you tried clearing the devices on the parrot and pairing it with it again ?

·
Registered
5,827 Posts

C

Ok so you have paired you phone with the parrot then

they only time you can connect other devises is when you pair them with the parrot kit , have you tried clearing the devices on the parrot and pairing it with it again ?
Right, so wiping the parrot thing off my phone and re-connecting them, so to speak ? No, but i'll give it a go asap. Might even do it tonight. Do I just delete the parrot profile from my phone, then search for devices and start again ?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Right, so wiping the parrot thing off my phone and re-connecting
them, so to speak ? No, but i'll give it a go asap. Might
even do it tonight. Do I just delete the parrot profile from my phone,
then search for devices and start again ??
Probably need to delete from Parrot too, not sure how you do that one
your one as mine is slightly different and I have to press and hold
both red and green buttons and the voice says "memory erasing" if you
wanna hang on and chat to John about it later on tonight he know what
to do.... also do you still have your headset in there, have you routed
your calls to via carkit or handsfree rather than headset???? Check you
user manual for phone as you may not need to erase Parrot and re pair
device. I think it may just have something to do with your phone
options.

What phone have you got?

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Right, so wiping the parrot thing off my phone and re-connecting them, so to speak ? No, but i'll give it a go asap. Might even do it tonight. Do I just delete the parrot profile from my phone, then search for devices and start again ??
Probably need to delete from Parrot too, not sure how you do that one your one as mine is slightly different and I have to press and hold both red and green buttons and the voice says "memory erasing" if you wanna hang on and chat to John about it later on tonight he know what to do.... also do you still have your headset in there, have you routed your calls to via carkit or handsfree rather than headset???? Check you user manual for phone as you may not need to erase Parrot and re pair device. I think it may just have something to do with your phone options.

What phone have you got?
Ok.

I have a Sony Ericsson K750i.

I have never attached a bluetooth headset to the phone.

My handsfree option (in the bluetooth menu) shows "Parrot Evol5.05" - So, I guess that's right.

I'll get the manual out tonight and give it a read. Gotta take my mum up to casualty as she's done her knee in somehow at work, so may need pages of stuff to read through whilst I wait !

1 - 20 of 34 Posts