Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Parking sensors

10K views 28 replies 8 participants last post by  davemarkey 
#1 ·
Has any body fitted aftermarket sensors to a golf ? or retrofitted vw ones ?
Is it as easy as this link ?

#4 ·
ETKA = VW Parts database. The system that your friendly VW tech will look studiously at when you visit your local stealers.

As for adding the revsersing sensors, I've been doing some research myself and yes, it is that simple, although the VW sensors don't mount in the rub-strip, they fit in the lower valance - ETKA lists a pre-drilled lower rear valance that will take the sensors directly.

To install the system, you need 4 x sensors, a loom to connect them (you can get these and other looms from http://shop.kufatec.de/index.php) and the PDC control unit / speaker which periodically come up on ebay. I think the part number is 1J0 919 283.

A search on ebay across the whole EU (ie. including Germany) for "VW PDC" will net you a whole load of useful hits...

Hope that helps...

Adrian.

#7 ·
Wthout getting into online naughtiness, any body care to pm me and hint where etka and elsa lurk on the net ? ive read extensively about them now and they do sound just what a compulsive tinkerer needs [8-|]
Ebay......ELSAwin is a huge program, so probably best to buy. ETKA, is small in comparison (about 500-600mb) so can be downloaded. Do a search on "ETKA + torrents"

#8 ·
#12 ·
Well ive tried the lot, but will try again next week as i cant find diddly squat anywhere [:(]
2dvd's a big download ?? what 6 hours overnight !!
one last thing, the price updates that have been mentioned, are they as ellusive ?

edit lime wire finds it but sooo slow

#13 ·
2 DVDs from a download site like Limewire / eMule is more like 4 - 5 days... Download speed is throttled to keep you downloading for longer so that your computer can act as a source for other people who are trying to download too. (hence your edit!!)

Some people have found the price updates and have got them to work. Sadly, I've not been able to find them and the versions I have found haven't worked for me...

Would be interested to hear if anyone else has had better luck!

A.

#20 ·
i went to the stealers last week btw - VW sell the retrofit kit for £179 - all OEM mk4 gear - only drawback is you have to drill the holes for the sensors on the bumper

i would say it would be wise to get a 4mo rear valance WITH sensors and mod the valance to incorporate the sensors...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.