Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brought this and it needs 3 bits of paintwork doing...
I live in the WS15 area, but would travel and that if anyone can give me a good idea of prices, and places etc?
we have....the keyed mark...looks more brutal than it is, but I want it perfect...
(passenger side rear quarter between wheel arch and window)
Posted Image

then theres this dent
(drivers side rear quarter just under the window)
Posted Image

and saved the worst till last....
(Front bumper, drivers side, bit of texture too it so will require most work [negative] )
Posted Image

Any advice better than the chipsaway man who adviced to "oh just get a complete respray" would be great...

Much love x

·
London Refurbs'
5,615 Posts
Probably cheaper to replace the bumper then get it repaired to be honest.

The dent looks pretty deep so may need respraying once removed and the key mark will have to be filled and resprayed.

Unsure of cost though im afraid.

Peter

·
Registered
720 Posts
That one with the biggest scrap can be easily replaced as its only the bump strip. You can pick these up cheaply from the scrappy and proberly spray it yourself if you want it on the cheap.. professionally it cuold be quite costly..

The dent and the key mark would probaly need to be done proffesional unless again, if you want it done on the cheap..

When you say "respray" you arnt considering a full car respray are you? That wouldnt be neccessary in my opinon as its "minor" damage..

Wait for some other gusy to comment, there more experienced in this area!

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
the problem you have is they are both rear quarters, and to do this correctly the glass should come out, the rubber can be lifted but with mixed results.

price wise factor in about £60-70 per quarter and a few hrs labour plus glass in/out

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I called out a chipsaway and the dent guy out...the dent can be removed with the electric thingymabobby (techinical term) my uncle just had his rcz bonnet undented last week and cost him £30 and his was smaller than mine.
The key mark, I was just thinking of giving it a risk with my dads paint compresser gun? He sprays his lambrettas everytime he builds and they come out ok...
and the bumper, I'm not sure wether to just give it a blast and it if turns out shizzun buy a new one...
Urgh!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
If you use your dads spraygun chances are the paint wont match colour wise.

Can chips away fix the key mark?

With the rub strip you could get lucky at the scrappers and find the same colour, they just push in and pop off.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ner, they said the keymark is too long for them to consider, they only do less than 300mm/12"
The rub strip rather than spraying one, I'm gonna try 1stchoicespares. they'll sort something cheap, hopefully.
Just they key and dent left. God dammit, I'm so impatient! [:(]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts