Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Paint Rubber offer

I have managed to get hold of some Paint rubbers which are identical to the Swissol ones, but at quite a discount.....[:D]

They are the same colour, size and everything basically, but they are loose and don't some in the tub!

These are medium aggressiveness at a guess, more than the Sonus green and the Meguiars thingy, and will not turn to mush on a hot day (like the Megs one...)!

The Swissol Paint rubbers are now priced at ?15 each + P&P.

I am offering the paint rubbers that I have at ?11 each delivered!

Payments to be made using PayPal please

If anyone is interested in taking up this offer, please let me know as the stocks are very limited [:(], and it will be treated on a first come, first served basis.

Interested:

rfsteel

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Paint rubbers are also known as Clay bars.

Suggest you do a forum search and also have a look in the Detailing & Car Care section for more info.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Medium I would guess.

They are certainly more agressive than the Sonus green ones, which are very mild, similar to the Sonus grey ones I expect. Certainly OK for everything that I have ever needed to do.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Size wise these are 4oz, but usage wise IMHO they are easier than the megs clay, as that is too soft/tacky, especially when the weather gets quite warm. HTH

·
99 Ronnie
2,793 Posts
John, I'd like one, but how quickly will this GB end and the items be sent? I was hoping to give my car a once over pretty soon.

Even if this GB takes a while to complete I still might have one anyway as a spare etc.

How long do these claybars last?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
John, in your opinion, if they are comparable to the Swissol one, then please put me down as a definate for 1x.

Funds waiting, pm me your paypal addy so I can fire the payment off.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's not a GB, but an offer that I currently have on the Paint rubbers that I have managed to get hold of, which there are only 5 left.....

As for how long they last, well it depends how bad the car is to start with, how many times you use the rubber, how many pieces you cut it up into, and also how many pieces you drop......, but it should be enough to do you car about 5-6 times.

Marc, as far as I can tell, I am 99% sure they are the same. They look, feel, work the same, which is good enough for me!

I will PM you all with payment details.

John.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Cheers for mine John.

As you said, they ARE exactly the same as the swissol one [Y].

I hope to get to the BBQ this year, so need to organise a detailing session !

·
99 Ronnie
2,793 Posts
I received mine very quickly, thanks.

I'm going to buy some other car care products and work on my car when we have some more 'British' weather, I don't want to try detailing in 25-30c heat!

Still don't really know how to use the clay bar :) Haha!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts