1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A grand day out at Edition 38 this weekend led me toward The Perfect
Polishing Company who stock P21S. I have been meaning to try this for a
while as everybody says it's pretty good. Ended up spending more than I
wanted to - shampoo, paint cleaner and Carnauba wax in my carrier bag! ???!

I've been using Meguiars, started with clay bar and then the 3 stage
range. Gave good results, which improved with every layer of wax I put
on. Very deep shine (my Golf is Metallic Black).

Anyway, had the day off work today so opened up the P21S shampoo and gave
the car a good wash remving all the bugs and dirt from the 660 mile
round trip at the weekend. Came up very well, at least as good the Zymol I had previously been using.

So next was the paint cleaner...wow what can I say, fantastic results
before I had even got to the wax! The paint was visibly deeper and
'wetter' looking than before. Only did one application as the weather
was starting to look ominous at this point. Instructions say 4 coats
are possible, god only knows how shiney the paint would be then!

Finally came the Carnauba wax, went on with relative ease and buffed
off very well with a terry towell, although it did need a lot of going
over and turning of the towell to remove it all. It was much thicker
than the Meguiars stage 3 wax.

The final result was amazing, the best shine I have ever achieved. When
I purchased the car a year ago the paint had hardly even been washed by
the previous owner and now it looks like showroom condition! (minus all
the stone chips and dent in my sill [:$] )

So, if you're considering P21S, or just looking for a decent
cleaning/waxing system, look no further (IMO)! Pictures to follow when
it stops raining!! Grrrrr![:mad:]

·
Registered
162 Posts
I bought some of the Paint Cleanser, gonna use it on w.end hopefully its gonna do its job. The P21 Wax is wicked too, never used it on my car but seen the results on other peoples cars and its MINT, makes your paintwork look like glass!!

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
I've used the P21S paint cleanser, its very good & quite well prices, its very similar to the Clearcote vanilla hand glaze, which is also very good.[Y][Y]

·
Registered
689 Posts
I like the ease of use of P21S but does anyone here find it seems to attract dust to the car?? Megs claim NXT has a sort of anti static propoerty that repels dust, so perhaps i'm just comapring it to that[:$]

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I like the ease of use of P21S but does anyone here find it seems to attract dust to the car?? Megs claim NXT has a sort of anti static propoerty that repels dust, so perhaps i'm just comapring it to that[:$]
yer ive found that with the P21S, heaps of dust!

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
I've gone back to NXT, find it lasts a good bit longer, and is great at hiding minor blemishes
P21S is aimed at the more serious (Sad'o[:$] ) detailer out there, the reason being that the carnuba wax evaporates under the heat of the sun, thus needs applying more often than the synthetic wax's available, such as NXT, which lasts longer due to its molecular construction

As for the dust issue, cant really say its ever been left that long inbetween cleaning

·
Registered
689 Posts
I've gone back to NXT, find it lasts a good bit longer, and is great at hiding minor blemishes
As for the dust issue, cant really say its ever been left that long inbetween cleaning
You mean you clean your car every 6 hrs. [:p]

It is absolutely covered by late afternoon if i wax it in the morning.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts

mmmmmm, not quite, but twice in 24hrs is my record, so far [:$]

·
Registered
259 Posts
So out of Zymol & P21S what would you recomend. Ive been using Zymol for a year now and i think its time to start again and take all the old layers off. Which would you buy?

Cheers!

Wez

·
Registered
5,827 Posts

mmmmmm, not quite, but twice in 24hrs is my record, so far [:$]
OMFG - That is bad J !

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
P21S is aimed at the more serious (Sad'o[:$] ) detailer out there, the reason being that the carnuba wax evaporates under the heat of the sun, thus needs applying more often than the synthetic wax's available, such as NXT, which lasts longer due to its molecular construction

Speaking of longer lasting waxes - I need to find something stronger and longer lasting for the winter, give the old girl her winter coat ! - that meguiars number 12 (Someone said fairly recently that it is quite long lasting; sold by serious performance) or the NXT seem to be the top of my list so far. is the liquid or the paste nxt wax better ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts