Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
simple question.......but one which people will benefit from answers to......

whats the best way to apply, and remove?

any hints and tips?

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
The best way to apply this wax is to go Panel by Panel, & use the straight on / straight off method.

DO NOT do the whole car & then go to buff off, its a swine if you do.

Another tip which kind of goes against my last remark, apply to the whole car, then spritz with some QD then apply another layer of P21S over the top, then buff off. Its call "the spit & shine method"

It allows you to build up layers of carnuba wax in way which give a much deeper shine & wetter gloss [Y] You can only do this with Carnuba waxes, not any other materials.

·
Registered
352 Posts
The best way to apply this wax is to go Panel by Panel, & use the straight on / straight off method.
I'd second that. If you do it that way it's very easy to do and doesn't require much effort. I tried some megs nxt tech wax the other weekend and found it so much harder to use (was probably using it wrong). I even broke into a sweat at one point trying to buff it off - way too much work for me! Will stick to the P21s in future - on my colour car I find it gives a much deeper, darker shine than the megs stuff.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I'd second that. If you do it that way it's very easy to do and doesn't require much effort. I tried some megs nxt tech wax the other weekend and found it so much harder to use (was probably using it wrong). I even broke into a sweat at one point trying to buff it off - way too much work for me! Will stick to the P21s in future - on my colour car I find it gives a much deeper, darker shine than the megs stuff.
I apply it on top of nxt. Whole car on whole car off for the nxt; straight on / off for the p21s

·
Registered
593 Posts
I work panel by panel with P21S too. Although I've usually used a circular motion, I'll have to try the straigt up and down method. I usually apply with the applicator pad that comes with it, or use a Meguiars pad. I use a soft terry towell to remove it and a final rub with a microfibre cloth. Excellent results! [:)]

·
Registered
285 Posts
I normally apply it on top of the NXT wax, I normally apply the NXT wax to the whole car and then buff of. Then apply the P21s panel by panel, applying it and buffing it off before it can dry. I have never had any problems with apply and removing the NXT wax so long as its not freezing out or it the car is sitting in direct sunlight because it drys it making it harder to remove.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
I apply it in a circular motion, take it off after 2 mins with a microfibre with in a back and forth motion.

Works well for me.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
only hard wax (could call it a paste i spose), and paint cleanser liquid.

i've got both now. so should see some good results.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
i've got both now. so should see some good results.
You are soooo behind the times [;)]

Just kidding [:D]

Try, Paint cleanser, Nxt & spit & shine with the P21S, making sure you have sunglasses on to view the results [Y]

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Another tip which kind of goes against my last remark, apply to the whole car, then spritz with some QD then apply another layer of P21S over the top, then buff off. Its call "the spit & shine method"

It allows you to build up layers of carnuba wax in way which give a much deeper shine & wetter gloss [Y] You can only do this with Carnuba waxes, not any other materials.
after spritzing do you wipe the QD off or wipe it about or just apply the wax straight on top???

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
No, dont wipe it off, apply the 2nd coat of wax on it,

WAX / QD / WAX - Buff off

It should amaze you with the added depth.

I'm off to do a Silver 307CC today, which I'll S&S, I'll show you some examples of the finish when done.[Y]

·
Registered
586 Posts
If you do it that way it's very easy to do and doesn't require much effort. I tried some megs nxt tech wax the other weekend and found it so much harder to use (was probably using it wrong). I even broke into a sweat at one point trying to buff it off - way too much work for me!
If your finding it hard to remove it could be a sign that your paint needs a little TLC, be it a paint cleanser or claybar. Contaminants on your paint can't make waxing very laborious.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts