Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just surfing around a few sites & doing some searches when I came across the P21S Drying Towel.

My AG leather had seen better days & was ready for being used for just wheels & doors shuts, so the timing was spot on for trying this new item out.

Anyway, I used it for the 1st time at the weekend & all I can say is WOW ! it was awesome. No water marks or lint.

This is the place I bought it, & for any body who's looking for new leather, you won't be anything but amazed if you get one. [Y]

http://www.carsparkle.com/(jvm2waewttiq4dvsr3so5pnv)/index.aspx?prodview=25&page=1&cat=37&lines=10

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Mate, am i right in saying its not actually a towel? as in a woven item?

but actually the same thing as speedo sell for drying yourself?

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I cant swim, so I 've no knowledge of Speedo & their products [:S]

Its like a synthetic leather type material kind of stuff, it defo not woven like those terrible meguiars things, bit like mixture of an AG leather & a Vileda leather, kind of thing..

Vague - Yes

·
Registered
126 Posts
yeh I bought on boxing day at Halfords one of those AG things tried to dry the roof and was us--finished with my waffle weave towels which are god but leave lint some times.

this ps one seems good if Jace uses it --what about the amaegs water magnet anyone tried??

·
Registered
126 Posts
Essex Escy wrote the following post at 01-26-2006 10:24 AM:

the megs waffle weave water magnet?

yes sorry my fingers went a stray!

·
Registered
126 Posts
just looked at online autoexpress and they have a review of both synthetic and natural chamois ,interesting reading,the cheapo Halfords synthetic is tops and the megs water magnet is negative.

Of the natural the Kent gets the best result.

Check it out.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
i dont REALLY rate the megs drying towel to be honest.......once its wet, its rubbish. simple.
This is what I found with the megs;

- brand new - terrible

- after a couple of washes - very very good

- after a couple of months - terrible again

The wringing out seems to kill them fairly quickly.

I'm using an AG synthetic chamois and its great.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
i dont REALLY rate the megs drying towel to be honest.......once its wet, its rubbish. simple.
This is what I found with the megs;

- brand new - terrible

- after a couple of washes - very very good

- after a couple of months - terrible again

The wringing out seems to kill them fairly quickly.

I'm using an AG synthetic chamois and its great.
EXACTLY THE SAME AS ME......

but the problem is, they get too wet to dry anything, but not wet enough to wring out, rendering it fairly useless......

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
just ordered me one of these.......i've got a cleaning session on saturday ready for the BIG ESSEX MEET, so i'll let you guys know what me thinks to it on the golf buggy......

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.