Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

Just thought I would send some pictures your way as I gave her a nice clean today - I did it in the shade or I would not be alive to tell the tale. HOT!

Anyway, washed it - CLEARKOTE Vanilla Hand Glaze (paint & glass), Vanilla Cab Wax (wheels & paint) and some tyre gel stuff....

I try to get the message across about clearkote waxes,try it to believe it.

As you can see I have tried to keep it as stock as possible! It is a 2.0 GTI with 120,000 miles.

Mods Enhancements [^]:

H&R lowering springs -35

Monty 2 Alloys (kindly bought from "Mark1.8T" last year)

Polo rear wiper

GTI front badge

CD changer (boot)

S3 lower strut brace

V6 4mo front valance

Aero Wipers

Funny LED FOXY torche thing

W8 light mod

De-locked

Sunnyday pic 1:

Posted Image

Sunnyday pic 2:

Posted Image

Sunnyday pic 3:

Posted Image

Shine test:

Posted Image

Rear end:

Posted Image

Let me know what you think....

www.seriousperformance.co.uk - I bought the clearkote from here and recieved discount of 10% for being a MKIV member.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Now thats what I call shiny, where do you get that stuff I want some. I've always said the 2.0 was a good car if you remember!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
looks awesome mate, a black car always looks the dogs when time is spent cleaning it, keep up the good work

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your comments guys!

I think the strut really does help along with the springs, total transformation. When the standard shocks do go, I will replace the dampers with something a little stiffer.

With regards to the wax, the manufacturer is www.clearkote.com and I got the stuff imported from www.seriousperformance.co.uk - ask Alex and he will give you %5 discount as your a forum member.

I know there are some fantastic waxes out there, but this one really makes the car look glossy and almost wet - very unique IMO.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Dave, looks absolutely pukka. Its hard to believe your car has covered 120k!!

The drop looks sweet and I still haven't lowered mine by the way (see here)

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for your comments guys.

I told you mark, they were going to a good home ;)

- car has changed not much since you seen it, but looks 300x better! :)

Danny, I replied to your post. Sorry to hear of that :( - but it is worth getting the H&R springs.

Ox

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.