Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hav'nt taken any pics for a while,so here goes[:)] Has been lowered on Eibach's since the last pics i posted.Apologies in advance for the camera work[:$]
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h207/GOOF72/goof27.jpg Any comments,good or bad appreciated[:D]Thanks.Goof

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Loving these shots, some good scenes, just buy yourself a tripod or lean on one of those crates for the low light shots and you're sorted [:D][Y]

It looks like the first and last pics are simply different views of the car in the same position, which shows how you can get some dramatically different shots with very little effort [H]

·
Registered
63 Posts
That is one stunning looking car in standard form paint work looks totally mint tell me it has never seen a paint shop ! what polish do you use top notch job keep up the good work

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I'm liking that! Reminds me of my old Mk3 golf driver - it was in storm grey, which i think is a very similar vw colour. Was quite a pain to clean, but as your pics show, you can get a great shine from it!

Great work mate!!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments guys[:D] The first and last pics are in the same position shiu[Y] just wish i had a tripod for the low light shots[:)] After reading the threads on this site i have started to use meguires wax,a wash mit (highly recommended!!!) and some microfibre cloths to polish (2 for a pound at poundland!!....bargain[Y])Stein. Yes! it is a right pain to keep looking good Dave but worth the effort[:p] Keep yuor comments comming guys.[:D]

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all. I really rate the Eibachs.I'm only using the standard shocks with them, but the ride is really good. I actually prefere the ride to the standard setup! I love this colour Cat!It can look almost black one day and light grey the next[:)] It's not a colour you see on a gti that often really. I've got a few small mods up my sleave left to do; and i really want some nice wheels to finish it off.Any suggestions folks?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
[:)] Hi Goof, looking great,

Right now i recognise some of the locations ...here goes , first one Banks`s brewery in Wolves? Car park shots , are they the multistorey in Wolves, next to the Mander centre multi, you enter opposite Atlantis night club (by metro stop) ?

We`ll have to get our cars together !!! One day.....

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Thanks all. I really rate the Eibachs.I'm only using the standard shocks with them, but the ride is really good. I actually prefere the ride to the standard setup! I love this colour Cat!It can look almost black one day and light grey the next[:)] It's not a colour you see on a gti that often really. I've got a few small mods up my sleave left to do; and i really want some nice wheels to finish it off.Any suggestions folks?
Depends what you're looking for, I guess! Would you stay OEM or are you looking at aftermarket alloys?

Personally, I reckon yours would look sweeet on a set of Santa's. The anthracite of the inner spokes would really complement your paint, but hey, I'm biased!

Non OEM, I've always loved the look of Oz Superleggeras in titanium, just a shame they've been discontinued....

Enjoy choosing though[:D]!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello all[:D]

Alright Troll[Y] All of the shots were taken at Bank's brewery as i work there!! There's a multi storey park in the grounds so i thought i'd take a few pics on the evening shift when its quiet.If you look closely in the 5th pic you can just see the wolves ground. And yes....we'll have to get the cars together for a shoot!

I was thinking maybe some new RS4 wheels Dave but i do like the Superleggeras.If money was no problem though; i would go for some sexy BBS LM's or RM's i think[:D]

Keep you thoughts coming and if anyone wants to photoshop some wheels on my car....feel free[:p]

Goof

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
You might have known my mates mother, Lyn (Lynn?) Evans, she use to work there couple of years back cant quite remember her role, something to do with research , buying properties? Shes not there nomore due to caring for her husband.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Troll[Y]

I've worked for Banks for five years now ,but only been over wolves for about 7 months now so sorry,but i probably wont know your mates mom[:(]

Are you going to the Mega meet in september? Give us a PM if you are[:D]

GOOF

·
Registered
272 Posts
Nice lookin Golf mate :) I'll be keeping an eye out for you!

Just noticed the ad for the mega meet so I'm hoping to pop along to that :)

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Ill let you know about Mega Meet a bit closer to the date, was hoping to camp over there, if im going it will be just for one day...

Going to be tight for cash as its remap time soon [:p]

·
MK7 Golf R
1,011 Posts
Goof were you on the M54 earlier today about 445?  Went past a golf like  yours a couple of times on the way home in the horrendous spray!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Goof were you on the M54 earlier today about 445? Went past a golf like yours a couple of times on the way home in the horrendous spray!
Sorry jrw,not me[N] If you see him again tell him to stop copying![:p]

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ill let you know about Mega Meet a bit closer to the date, was hoping to camp over there, if im going it will be just for one day...

Going to be tight for cash as its remap time soon [:p]
Allright Troll[:D] I was just gonna go on the Sunday and head back late afternoon,early evening.It would be great if we could get a few of us to head down there convoy styleeee!!!

GOOF

1 - 19 of 19 Posts