Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Hoping you can help - Im in a MK V Golf, and am after a decent Bike Rack. I have found a few ppictures of an "Official VW Bike Rack" that locks into place and does not use straps.

Problem is.... thats all I've found... just a few pics on Flickr. Does anyone have any idea where I can find one of these, or any alterative solutions that would be suituble for a MK V Golf? See pictures below:

Posted Image

Original VW Bicycle Carrier by rosscads, on Flickr

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've been looking for this all night with no luck!

·
Registered
234 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi - did you ever find a rack that was suitable?? Apparently the Thule 9105 racks fit onto the golf V (we had one on our polo and it was solid as a rock -- you just needed longer top straps for the golf (so i was told). Sadly this rack doesnt fit onto the mark VI golf ---- which is what weve just bought, so i am looking for a wheel support back rack for the back of the new car -- id seen the one youd photographed in a car park too, and also been looking for it online (with no luck) ---- did you have any luck in finding it or find any other racks that were suitable?? Id be grateful for any advice as im having no luck i finding a suitable rack for my car (other than on the roof or with a tow bar fitted).

Liz

1 - 11 of 11 Posts