1.6 FSI SE, with the same spec as my current one

Xenons

2 zone Climate

Sports Suspension

Also with

Convenience pack

Highline Multi function computer

Centre Armrest

So hopefully this wont have the same probs as my current car!

Chris

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no unfortunatly... replacement as in they ate gonna buy it back off me, its not a bad deal to be honest

Dont really want to go into it on here tho till the deals done [:)]

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also considering i have just over 5500 miles on the clock as well, its not exactly low millage

Its the best I can hope for cos the dealership have refused to reject the car!

Chris

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone any idea of what sorta build date/delivery date i will get if i order @ the end of next week??

Really wanting an 05plate!

Chris

·
Registered
712 Posts
Er, can they refuse to reject it? They've taken every reasonable step to fix it and it's still not satisfactory? I'm sure that's not right... someone correct me if I'm wrong, don't want to give false hope!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Er, can they refuse to reject it? They've taken every reasonable step to fix it and it's still not satisfactory? I'm sure that's not right... someone correct me if I'm wrong, don't want to give false hope!

I believe there is a "Shaft you" clause when purchasing a new car, remember to read the small print!!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Forget the changer (unless you plan to retro-fit the satnav at some stage) but get the leather steering wheel , best option there is. [;)]

Are you tempted into changing colour[?]

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote: posted by MikeP on 21/11/2004 23:43:59

Yeah i thort that but they are puting the gearbox problem down to a chrictaristic of the car [:(] ass all cars apparently with the same engine and gearbox code combo as mine do it.... I still think its a duff gearbox but you cant tell the service peeps that as they wont listen!

I basically lost all faith in the car and want rid of it... I could try push for a rejection but if they still say no.. i may b even more screwed as they may not offer me the same deal again!

Plus having 5700miles on the clock dosnt help

Chris

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote: posted by kenl on 22/11/2004 08:07:01

Are you tempted into changing colour[?]

Yeah I am thinking of it, I do like the shadow blue but it shows all the dirt, defo not getting silver, imo it dosnt look to good with the black plastics so either costal blue or the black.

Also considered an 1.6 sport, but i couldnt justify the extra money... as I do lots of motorway miles i want the comfort of the cruise etc [:)]

Anyway ken, hows your car, much better than your first one?

Chris

·
Registered
304 Posts
Quote: posted by cjp2k on 22/11/2004 08:07:57

Yeah i thort that but they are puting the gearbox problem down to a chrictaristic of the car [:(] ass all cars apparently with the same engine and gearbox code combo as mine do it.... I still think its a duff gearbox but you cant tell the service peeps that as they wont listen!

I basically lost all faith in the car and want rid of it... I could try push for a rejection but if they still say no.. i may b even more screwed as they may not offer me the same deal again!

Plus having 5700miles on the clock dosnt help

Chris

You are brave, why give VW yet more of your hard earnt ??,???'s

Why not vote with your wallet and walk away from the brand?

Just MO Chris

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
My new car is almost perfect, I am so pleased with it.

The service indicator is set wrongly and for some reason seems to be on a fixed 5000 mile service intervals. After 1500 miles it is saying service exptected in 3500 miles of ~700 days!

Occasional rattle from passenger door casing. There seems to be a clip(s) missing as it is not properly attached at the top.

Car goes in in a couple of weeks to get these attended to.

On the colour I would highly recommend diamond black, doesn't show up the dirt as badly as I thought it would.

If you don't need 5 doors then consider a 3 door which will save you ?500!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Quote: posted by cjp2k on 21/11/2004 17:25:49

Anyone any idea of what sorta build date/delivery date i will get if i order @ the end of next week??

Really wanting an 05plate!

Will be 8-10 weeks probably so early for 05 plate unless you mean registered in Jan 05 in which case you should be OK.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Chris,

What about the new Focus? Sell Golf privately.

I can't believe after all that trouble your going to get another one!

Regards,

Mike.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah i looked at a trade in for a3... but was ofered only 11500 for the car, same from bmw for a 1series

This is the best deal I can get... cos no1 is gonna buy the car off me privately with a gearbox like it is [:(]

its really not costing that much to swap... will go into more detail once the deal is done

I wanted an 05plate, may get them not to register it till march, its the least they can do i think!

Also need the 5doors, i take my grandparents shopping on a weekend etc and they are 84 and 82 so they really struggle to get into a 3 door car [:(]

Chris

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Quote: posted by golf140 on 22/11/2004 10:21:57

Chris,

What about the new Focus? Sell Golf privately.

I can't believe after all that trouble your going to get another one!

Well sadly all manufacturers produce cars that are not up to scratch, however that doesn't mean you should never get another. The chance of Chris getting another duffer is very slim. I went through the same problems as Chris and was delighted to take delivery of another Golf.

going to another manufacturer would just cost a LOT more money and could just give you a cr*p car from another manufacturer.

Enjoy your new Golf Chris [:)]

1 - 20 of 32 Posts