Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

New poster here.

Order a MkVI golf in September with the rear view camera option. However on collection they had failed to supply the rear camera option and had instead left in the std FM/DAB radio. One of the main reasons for going for the golf was the camera.

The car is still at the dealer and they and VW HQ CS are saying that the only way to do this now is to have an after market camera fitted which will require that manually the camera is switched on every time I reverse.

The question I have is, is it not possible to retro fit the original camera setup which is automatically activated when reverse is s elected and displays on the radios screen ?

Any info would greatly help.

·
London Refurbs'
5,615 Posts
Looks like they're trying to do it on the cheap!

Dont have none of it, tell them to supply you with what was agreed or get your money back!

Peter

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
'as not described'....... you are more than entitled to walk away i would have thought. i cant see why they cant retrofit original parts. seems they want to do it on the cheap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The dealer has called back today and they've managed to source a replacement from within the network to replace the existing car. Its the right spec, the only thing is its not the original colour is not a problem. Thanks everyone for your help. Problem resolved.

·
Registered
211 Posts
You can retro fit the mk6 RVC. I have just bought the kit to retro fit into my mk5 golf.

You'll will need either the RCD 510 touch screen radio/cd or the RNS 510 nav unit for it to display on though, but these can also be retrofitted no problem.

Tell them if they wont fit it,you'll get it done yourself and they can pay for it! Or get them to knock off the price of the RVC and get it fitted yourself. Don't settle for a car in the colour you don't want because of this.

Out of interest how much is the RVC option from the dealer?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Been reading with interest all the comments. Should have the car within ten days. The dealer is supplying a new car which will again be registered in my name. The previous car will more than likely end up being their demonstrator.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts